Thursday 8 December 2011

Review: My Fair Succubi - Jill Myles

Series: Succubus Diaries #3
Genre: Paranormal romance
Pages: 340
Published: 2010
Publisher: Pocket
Source: my own shelf

IT SUCKS TO BE HER... 
Living as a succubus has a bit of a learning curve, but with sexy fallen angel Noah to scratch her sensual Itch, Jackie Brighton is finally starting to feel ahead of the game. She almost doesn’t miss her gorgeous vampire master Zane – or his sinful, teasing mouth. She’s trying to convince herself of that, anyway. 

But Jackie’s past mistakes catch up with her, spinning her life out of control once more. Just as her friend Remy’s inner demon comes out to play, Noah and Jackie are arrested by the angelic Serim Council. When Jackie seizes the chance to escape, she falls right into Zane’s waiting arms. As she’s pulled into a game of cat and mouse between vampires and angels, she finds she must also finally choose between the two men in her life. Can she decide between Noah and Zane, or will she lose everything she’s ever wanted? Because there’s more at stake than just her heart..

My thoughts:
This is how I like my PNR, funny. It is the perfect mix for me when you also put in lots of passion and a love triangle that truly works. And I am all about team Zane since Noah bores me.

Anyway this book starts with Noah and Jackie at a dig. Noah sure likes her, but Jackie, oh Jackie, we both know the vampire is a better match. How I missed Zane. Still the book is good with its drama and Zane will show up again. While Noah is a nice little boyscout, Zane is just so very mmm yummy. And I will not tell you how it end or how or if my feelings change after the big reveal that I have been waiting for. Why she was made. 

As for the story, we got evil Joachim popping up again, Jackie gets a new sidekick named Ethan (I did like him), and can she get the halo before the Serim get her? The race is on and I am never bored, especially not when you throw in an itch or two here and there.

The book left me happy, but there is more to come. Sadly no deal for another book but Myles is selfpublishing and I just read the blurb for book 4, thrilling.

Conclusion:
I do want more, I like this word and I like the vibe in it. Here is one pnr series that I can recommend


Cover
hot!

21 comments:

  1. I've heard great things about this series, and I like that the love triangle is done really well and isn't frustrating like they are most times. Love too that she's self-publishing a 4th book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've heard a lot about this author's books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you liked it so much--I'll have to put the series on my list! :D Sounds like an interesting one, that's for sure.

    Enjoy!
    TBQ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny
    In most books it is pretty *eye roll* But here, well she has her two masters, one can not get away from that. And I do have a fav


    Carrie
    They are fun :D


    TBQ
    It is really fun, and I am glad I started reading it. Cos if not then I would have missed good times

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is the one I read! I still need to read the ones before it (yes, I skipped...). I really enjoyed this one too. It made me want the first ones, but I just haven't gotten to them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa
    Oh, skipped, I see *shakes head* What are we gonna do with you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not sure about this series, but well, you recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A love triangle that works? Well, I need to know more about this. :)

    And I love my PNR loaded with humor too! Makes reading fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, boy scouts don’t appeal to you, huh? Bad boys, mmm, why are they so attractive?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've yet to read Succubus type books, they do sound interesting. I do like those love triangles myself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard of this author. This series sounds pretty good. Not sure I need another series since I just found another one to follow the other day. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun! Sexy! I love the sounds of it. ;D Thank you! I enjoyed Jill's short story in Wild & Steamy. I want to try out one of her books one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This one sounds like a winner...I like to have fun while reading too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been wanting to read this author but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Eventually I will :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aurian
    I sure did ;)


    Missie
    I know, it does not happen often, but here there is a sruggle that works since, well she has to obey them.

    And humour in pnr, witty, sarcastic, ironic, it all works.


    Steph
    I know, those darn bad boys, they always sneak into my heart with their broken promises


    Naida
    These are fun to read, but then they are the only book I have read about Succubi

    ReplyDelete
  16. Darlene
    Lol, I know about that, I just read another book and now I need book 2 in that series. More to love.


    melissa
    That one was steamy inded ;) This one sure has lots of passion too. Great mix really.


    Chris
    *waves, tired too*


    Staci
    Those are the best :D


    Yvonne
    You must get around to it

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have the first 2 on my kindle and I agree I like my PNR funny :) I will have to give this a whirl sooner rather than later :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Felicia
    I do recommend it :D It is witty and hot too

    ReplyDelete
  19. I read Foreplay because I wanted to try out this author but I was not impressed. Story has no structure. No ending, no central dilemma and no coherent plot. Maybe I ought to try Myles again with this book...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cherry
    Foreplay, well, I would say read book 1 first, and then go back to Foreplay cos even though it comes first it makes more sense afetrwards

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP