Saturday 31 December 2011

Review: Twice Bitten - Chloe Neill

Series: Chicagoland vampires #3
Genre: It does not feel like UF anymore so UFR
Pages: 355
Published: 2010
Publisher: Gollancz
Source: Library

Merit, Chicago’s newest vampire, is learning how to play well with others. Other supernaturals, that is. Shapeshifters from across the country are convening in the Windy City, and as a gesture of peace, Master Vampire Ethan Sullivan has offered their leader a very special bodyguard: Merit. Merit is supposed to protect the Alpha, Gabriel Keene—and to spy for the vamps while she’s at it. Oh, and luckily Ethan’s offering some steamy, one-on-one combat training sessions to help her prepare for the mission. 

Merit must accept the assignment, even though she knows that she’ll probably regret it. And she’s not wrong. Someone is gunning for Gabriel Keene, and Merit soon finds herself in the line of fire. She’ll need all the help she can get to track down the would-be assassin, but everywhere she turns, there are rising tensions between supernaturals—not least between her and a certain green-eyed, centuries old master vampire.

My thoughts:
I am going to make this short because everything I hoped this series would be fell apart in this book and right now I am just annoyed for having read it.

I am annoyed at Ethan because he is an arrogant jerk and I can't see why Merit likes him, cos he is hot? Aye, but he is a jerk and I want to kick him in the crutch. I am annoyed at Merit because she no longer felt kick-ass, she felt weak and she should have known better. I am annoyed at them together because I honestly could not feel the attraction. They like each other a lot..yes but I no longer feel it.

I am annoyed at the tone too, I should be not be. I like it light, but right now it felt like her saying it is a vampire frat house just is too true. No one is acting like adults anymore, they are kids in one big house. It even felt a bit too YA.

As you can see I was not that happy about this book, and still the writing was so much better than other books that have gotten a higher grade from me. But the difference is that I enjoyed those books, while here the word for the day is annoyed and I am sad. If I can't respect the characters I got nothing left.

Conclusion:
*sad reader*

---------------------------------




Happy New YEAR I wish you all a great new year and many more good books to read. I am also grateful for all the new bloggers I have met this year, and the old ones that have gotten to know better. My blog would be nothing without you all :D




31 comments:

  1. I stopped reading this series too. 'Annoyed' sums it up perfectly. A waste of paper or memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats too bad this series dissapointed. Good for you on sticking with it till the end.

    Happy New Year! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally understand the annoyance. I've read Firespell by this author and I got annoyed that it made me stop reading her books :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! Well, at least it's the last book of the year and not the first (looking for a silver lining here).
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ana
    You at least made it further than i did. As I feel now I will not tell the library to get book 4. If they get it anyway...damm..I might still read it one day


    Naida
    I have no idea why but yes I am a sucker for punishment.


    Cherry
    It was just something with the tone, and I got the same annoyed feeling that Mead and Cast gave me. Not good at all


    Mary
    One can't always go out with a bang, but at least it was the last one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year!

    Aw it always sucks when a series falls through.... :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wdebo
    Happy New Year :D
    Aye it sucks :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh about the book. :(

    But happy new year to you anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a book to avoid.

    HAPPY NEW YEAR! AND HERE'S TO BETTER BOOKS IN THE HORIZON!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am starting this series this weekend---but I only bought book 1 for the read-a-long.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't started this series yet, but I wanted to. Now I'm not sure. Well, I wasn't going to be reading them any time soon anyway. LOL

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. *pouts* I'm sorry for that your series fall apart. I give you a lot of creds for sticking it out though!

    Happy New Years and I'm so glad i got to meet you and have your blog in my life. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chris
    Happy New Year :D


    Steph
    Cheers to that! :)
    happy new year


    Felicia
    I did really like book 1, and book 2 was good, though not as good but this one..no

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yvonne
    Save them for a rainy day, and everyone else do love them..except for book 5....where something happens


    Host
    Happy New year :)


    Carole
    I am glad to have met you too :D That is the best thing with blogging by far. Meeting fun new people

    ReplyDelete
  15. Blodeuedd, I made it further just because I am so bloody stupid and my curiosity sometimes gets the better of me. I do regret.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved the first couple of books in the series. After that, I had issues :)

    Just wanted to stop by and wish you a happy new year!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Uh oh... I still want to read them tho... color me curious. :)

    Off to read the flash!

    Happy New Year to you as well! Woo!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh yeah, I forgot to add, we should be Twitter friends too! (I've added you already ^^ I'm "Wdebo5487" ) =]

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have not yet started this series, and am doubting I ever will, reading all those mixed reviews on the latest few.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ana
    I have heard what happens in ...that book....I shall say no more. Sure I am curious but I am also so bloody annoyed still.


    FV
    Happy New year :D
    Aye, there seems to be issues at the end of this series


    Melissa
    Happy new year :D
    I know the feeling


    Wdebo
    :)


    Aurian
    Something big does happen and so many are not happy

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have to agree with you, Ethan is a jerk, I know there is an attraction between Meredith and Ethan but I've never feel the love.
    Happy New Year to you too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cat
    True, attraction yes cos he is hot after all, but love, no there is no love there for me

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh no that's not good! Always sad thing when good serie falls like that :(

    ReplyDelete
  24. Elysium
    I know :( makes me so sad

    ReplyDelete
  25. I hope 2012 brings you hapiness, health, and wealth. And plenty of great books of course :)
    Always a pleasure reading your blog Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Reading a book that annoys you is not good at all...sorry it wasn't better!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just finished book one in this series and wasn't too impressed. I don't think I'll make it to book three.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Jenny
    Aww thank you :) The same to you. I am happy to have met you too.


    Staci
    It annoyed me so much, made me sad :(


    Missie
    I did liek book 1, but yes you can see what I felt after this one

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm sorry you didn't like this one. I didn't get the YA vibe until Drink Deep, but I see where you are coming from. I'm sorry you didn't like Ethan. ): He was a favorite book boyfriend of mine. (I like heroes who are a bit jerkish. I have issues, lol.)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Bucky
    Lol, well each to each own. I on the other hand like brutish alpha male who say mine mine mine! While in reality I would kick their asses to kingdom come

    But I am glad someone else felt the YA vibe too, even if later

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP