Sunday 18 December 2011

Review: Deacon's Ark - A.E.Stanton

Series: The New West #2
Genre: Western, Apocalyptic wasteland
Pages: 64, ebook
Published: December 8th, 2011
Publisher; Musa Publishing
Source. For review
Josie and Deacon have left Horsetown and are back in search of The City. Joined by Josie’s youngest sister, Sadie, they decide to travel on the riverboat The Green Goddess to save travel time.

My thoughts:
Josie, Deacon and Sadie are looking for a mystical city. Most of the book takes ship in a ship and they will face some pretty bad things. And since this is a short one I will not say what those bad things are. I want to leave something as a surprise even if you get an idea from the longer blurb that can be found. 

This land is sure going to hell, I have a hard time seeing a future for them. Well it does not take many to start anew but still, as long as they survive what is coming. It's a nice apocalyptic western series. Hope is not something you find here (well except when talking to Josie and Deacon), and I do like that it is dark.

The book ends with somewhat of a cliffie. I fear what they will see next, and I am hoping for some good news.



17 comments:

  1. Well, certainly not a book for me. But glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So short...I don't know what to say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no! I hate cliffies!! *pout*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of a western apocalyptic setting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that was a very short review...I keep scrolling up and down looking for the rest of it. hahahaha. I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aurian
    It's not for everyone ;)


    Ana
    Oh yes, so short, I really could not say much without giving it all away

    Cherry
    it is not a bad cliffie. All ends well...though there is something on the horizon


    Naida
    I do like that too :)


    Carole
    Oh you! ;)
    I just could not say too much.


    Chris
    Lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why must blurbs spoil stuff??? I love cliffies, but I think I might have to skip htis one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bucky
    Luckily I did not read the blurb and had no idea what happened ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've not heard of this series but doesn't sound like it's one you can start anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm hit or miss with the cliffhanger endings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mel
    Well, you could, but then you would totally miss the big showdown


    Staci
    They tend to be that :)

    Carrie
    it is not that big a cliffie, everything is good..for now

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ugh cliffie? Perhaps if I had all the books... then and only then does it not bother me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Melissa
    it was not an evil cliffie, it was just one of those cliffies you can live with

    ReplyDelete
  14. No No No.....cliffies that you are hoping for good news? Those are the most exasperating :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Felicia
    And I know it wont be good news ;)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP