Friday 13 April 2012

Review: One Hot Cowboy Wedding - Carolyn Brown


The will said Ace would keep the ranch if he had a wife and stayed married for a year. Jasmine was just helping him out until Ace's kisses left her longing for a true cowboy husband. It was supposed to be a secret wedding followed by a quiet divorce. But when they won a contest in the little wedding chapel, the secret marriage is exposed to the national media and all hell breaks lose..

Series: Spikes and Spurs #4, Genre: Contemporary romance / western, Pages: 384, Published: April 3rd 2012 by Sourcebooks Casablanca, Source: for review

My thoughts:
There is nothing like a Brown book to make me think I was born in the wrong country. I want a cowboy in jeans and a hat, and throw in a relative or something too with lots of good sayings. Now that would make the gravy on the chicken..wait, oh I suck at these, lol.

I knew Ace from before (he loves his women), and Jasmine who owns the café. They are friends and that is it. But Ace needs a wife and Jasmine is a good friend. But of course we all know what will happen. Feelings, passion and happily ever after. I like how she still manages to make it believable even if much time does not pass. Because they have known each other for a while before, and throwing them in a room together makes things explode. But they still think about things, what they want, and if they want what they might find. So that is what the book is about. Could this be more than a fake wedding?

And as always there are all the people from before showing up here and there, old and new friends that I am happy to meet again. I can feel the hot Texas sun on my skin and the dirt under my feet. There is passion and laughter and all tied together with a lightness and ease.

Conclusion:
Brown never disappoints, I get what I came for. A light fun cowboy romance that will make you want a cowboy of your own.

Cover
Cute

33 comments:

  1. I've never really been a big cowboy girl, but I think that might be because I've never read a cowboy romance before. I feel like cowboys will be my new thing as soon as I pick one of their books up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them :D I do not care about dirty clothes and mud. I grew up next to my grandparents farm after all ;)

      Delete
  2. You love your cowboys! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, thank you for the awesome review! So glad that you liked Jasmine and Ace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Carolyn :) The book was fun to read as always

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a sweet romance to me! I enjoy those cowboy heroes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Real cowboys stink of sweat, manure and cheap alcohol. Hot Texas sun will make look ten-fifteen years older than you really are. Have a very nice day! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know ;) I would melt, I mean I melt here when it is too hot. I would surely die in texas. But I grew up next to my grandparents farm so I know the smell of manure ;)

      Delete
    2. Now combine hot and manure ;D.

      Delete
    3. That does make it worse..though I always hate it more in winter. It spreads during cold days

      Delete
  6. That cover is really cute. lol you do seem to love those cowboys. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should kidnap you and bring you here and see if you can catch yourself your own cowboy! ;)

    *looks around*

    *gets out whip*

    Am I missing the link to a certain story????? Hm????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the story is posted...so I am technically not late as I just read this comment *whistles*

      Yes do please kidnap me, lol

      Delete
  8. I love me some cowboy..sounds like a fun light read!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a great cowboy romance every now and then...sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are sure fun to read now and then :)

      Delete
  10. "Now that would make the gravy on the chicken..wait, oh I suck at these, lol." This review was the gravy on my chicken! Now I'm set for the day, having had a great chuckle :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I am glad I made you chuckle :) Mission accomplished

      Delete
  11. Nice review, I wish I had the time to read everything I want to read. This just sounds so nice to relax with for a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great for that :) And yes we so need more hours

      Delete
  12. Hopefully this is a series I can start in the middle of. I really like the sound of this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can totally join in wherever. Sure we met them before but the story is theirs this time, all new, all about these two

      Delete
  13. That sounds like a really fun sweet book. I'm going to go look it up right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has a special style and I really like it :)

      Delete
  14. Will have to keep this book in mind when I'm in the mood for fun, lighthearted cowboy book :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP