Monday 9 April 2012

Reviews: For I have Sinned - Darynda Jones + 8 - Michael Mullin

For I have Sinned by Darynda Jones
A Charley Davidson short story

Darynda Jones revisits the sexy, suspenseful world of supernatural shenanigans she created in her Grave series with For I Have Sinned.  In this Charley Davidson story, Charley helps a woman find out how she died and gives her the closure she needs to pass through to the other side.

Series: Charley Davidson #1,5, Genre: PNR/UF, Pages: 32, Published 2011 by St:Martin's Press, Source: My own


My thoughts:
This was a short story taking place after the first book, so if you haven't read that one you might be lost, or not.

As I never know how to review these I will just make it short: A woman falls down in Charley's flat. Why is she dead? Charley finds out and the woman finds peace. A nice short novella between me having read book 1 and waiting to get a hold of book 2.

We also see a glimpse as Reyes and that just makes me want to read book 2 even more. I need to know. I want more.

--------------------------------------------------------------
8: The Previously Untold Story of the Previously Unknown 8th Dwarf by Michael Mullin

Written in verse, this is the previously untold story of the previously unknown 8th dwarf, named Creepy. He is banished to the basement for being different and, well, weird. Yet he plays a vital - and of course previously unknown - role in the popular tale of Snow White – whose title character is an intruder Creepy refers to as "the Maid".


Pages: 7, Genre: Fairy-tale, Published: 2010

My thoughts:
Now this was a fun and weird short story. The 8 dwarf who the other dwarves found creepy and locked in the basement. The ones who yes is actually really creepy and who watched Snow White show up. A Snow White who sure is a bit of an idiot. Who falls for the same stunt over and over?

Fun and short is the word.


32 comments:

  1. I've been reading a short story weekly...these sound fun, especially that crazy twist on the 8th dwarf!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it was really short so it takes no time at all to read it either :)

      Delete
  2. Reyes!!! Oh Em Geeee, he is so sexy. A glimpse of him could never be enough, but since I'm missing him desperately, it will have to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He oozes sex! I fell for him at once, and when i found out what he is..well that just made him even more sexy and mysterious

      Delete
  3. I kind of enjoy the Charley Davidson series. It moves a little slow for me but I do love Reyes.
    I've been wanting to read 8 because it looks so offbeat. Just haven't had to the time to get to it yet.
    Story of my reading life lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really short so give it a quick go when you have a few minutes over :)

      I hope book 2 of Charley will be good too

      Delete
  4. hahahaha I must read the 8th Dwarf. It sounds very entertaining. Short, but good reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much! So glad you liked 8!
    The follow-up tale is published as well.

    Best,
    Michael
    http://talespinsbooks.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, I can totally picture there being a 8th dwarf and always watching Snow White throught the floorboards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, he watched her underwear, quite the creepy little thing, lol

      Delete
  7. Just going to say it! You need to read book 2 and 3 ---cause they are awesome :) Now I need to read the novella because I haven't :)

    I always thought there was an 8th dwarf--LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yes there alwys needs to be a creepy one ;)

      I am waiting for my copy to arrive. I pre-ordered a version, the cheapest I found so it takes a while

      Delete
  8. both sounds fun
    fun mini reviews

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just a-hold of First Grave On The Right and sooo need to find time to read it :)

    So, there was an eight dwarf, eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it too :D

      Oh yes, he can't be missed

      Delete
  10. I still need to read Book #1 of Charley. I can't wait to get to it! Now, I also need to get that short.

    The 8th dwarf? LOL Just in time with all the Snow White pics coming out. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many Snow White pics all the sudden..I wonder why? At least I know which one not to see *whistles*

      Delete
  11. That first cover is dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh! I didn't realize there was a short story in the Jones series. :) I do need to get to the series though.

    Thanks for the quick thoughts on these. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know it either before...well someone read it and pointed it out to me

      Delete
  13. I agree - Snow White was an idiot. If she'd only follow instructions, she wouldn't be such a victim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not use to think it but yes come on, she was an idiot

      Delete
  14. I didn't really connect with this series. Maybe because I tried it on audio.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You need to read second and third book of Charley Davidson series. The third one is one of my favorites, it was excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Book 2 will arrive in April/May *waiting*

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP