Tuesday 10 April 2012

Review: Run rabbit Run - Kate Johnson


Sophie’s in trouble. Must be Tuesday. Sophie Green’s an ex-spy, or trying to be. You wouldn’t believe the trouble she’s in. An MI5 officer has been shot with her gun, her fingerprints all over his office. And no, she didn’t kill him. But she has gone on the run. 

Now Sophie’s desperately seeking whoever’s trying to frame and kill her. She’s being forced to work with the least trustworthy man in Europe, MI5 is following her every move, and she’s had to leave the tall, blond, god of a man she loves behind. 

Luke Sharpe works for MI6. Or did, until his girlfriend became a murder suspect. Doing nothing wasn’t an option, so he started investigating. Who cares if it is means jeopardising his career? Sophie’s everything he used to say he never wanted. Young, irresponsible, bright and mad. Now she’s just everything – and she has to live. 

She will live, won’t she?

Series: Sophie Green #5, Pages: 350, Genre: Romantic Suspense, Published: April 7 2012 by Choc Lit, Source: For review

My thoughts:
There are books before this one, but this book it the first book relased by Choc lit, and I decided to give it a go (ok I might have missed the part of a series thing ;) But it still worked great as a stand alone, you did not need to know Sophie from before and this was certainly a new adventure for her. 

The book starts with a bang, Sophie in the run. And the book never slows down, Sophie keeps on running from the MI5 while trying to figure out who is after her. I kept on wondering if she would manage this cos in the end I could not know (there could always be another book). Suspense and action is certainly found, together with a chilling intrigue. Who can be trusted? Who framed Sophie? Who is the man she meets on the run? Because of the non-stop thrill-ride you never get bored. 

Sophie as a heroine is different. She thinks too fast, she is not patient, she loves pink and Buffy. She is human, not some suave spook (thinking of James Bond here). For that I like her. Luke her boyfriend is nice too, but he is the true James Bond type. Privilegied, smooth, but totally smitten by his some what trashy girlfriend. Sadly as she is on the run they do not have much time together. But we do get to see his POV a few times as he misses her and tries to clear her name. 

Conclusion:
It's a book that takes hold of you and never lets go, and you know what, it would make one cool movie.

Cover:
Works


44 comments:

  1. I'm definitely going to check this series out! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when you can read the book and see that a movie would be great from it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love love movies and the action in this one, well it would be cool

      Delete
  3. I'm not sure I could connect with a protagonist who's irresponsible and flighty but it does sound like a sizzling, fun combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is it in the best of ways. She also never gives up

      Delete
  4. This sounds like a super cool read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like a girl who likes Buffy! And where can I get a Luke for myself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, maybe he is lurking around the corner, he is a spy after all ;)

      Delete
  6. "she loves pink and Buffy."

    OMG! I could be Sophie! I love the cover. This really sounds like a great, fast paced story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi, she has good taste...well not always but most of the time

      Delete
  7. Great review - I'm going to look for it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It does sound like it would make a good movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd watch it for sure, I did like the tvseries Spooks too (English)

      Delete
  9. Sounds nice. Where's the rabbit? Who's the rabbit? Sophie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup Sophie. So funny cos the book I am reading now has the nursery rhyme run rabbit run in it, and I did not know what it was before

      Delete
  10. This sounds like a fun read - I love books that are like movies! Some of them are better than actual films! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure can be :) And the better if they make a cool movie from a book too

      Delete
  11. BUFFY!

    Wait... Choc Lit? Love that. This sounds like such a fun book. Wonder if they would make it into a movie. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, cos their men are like chocolate..or something like that :=)

      Delete
  12. Not my genre but I sooo want to read it now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a fun adventure! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. this one sounds like it could be a fun movie and a fun book!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like fun! Not something I usually read but sounds worth reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooo I would like to read this one, thanks for the review B!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'll probably be a fan of anyone who admits to liking Buffy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked Spike and Angel more than actual Buffy ;)

      Delete
  18. It definitely sounds fun. I'm glad it stands alone.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds fun but I'm so not starting another series until I finish some of the ones I've started!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking that just earlier today ;)

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP