Friday 27 April 2012

Review: Vampire, Interrupted - Lynsay Sands


After seven hundred years of life, Marguerite Argeneau finally has a career. Well, the start of one, anyway. She's training to be a private investigator, and her first assignment is to find an immortal's mother. It seemed simple enough, until Marguerite wakes up one evening to find herself at the wrong end of a sword. Now she realizes she's in way over her head.

Julius Notte wants to protect Marguerite, and not because someone just tried to take her head off. She doesn't know it yet, but she's his lifemate and he's determined to woo her. It's been over five hundred years since he last courted a woman, but surely the techniques haven't changed. Now if only he can keep her alive—so to speak—so they can have that happily-ever-after.

Series: Argeneau #9, Genre: Paranormal romance, Published: April 2012 (2008) by Gollancz, Source: For review

My thoughts:
I wanted to read Marguerite's book ever since I met her. After 700 years of misery she deserved to find her life-mate and have her HEA. And now I finally got to see her find it and it was fun.

What Sands does best is making the books light, all while making them exciting and passionate. In this one Marguerite is trying to find a woman and someone does not want that do happen. Even as someone is trying to kill her there is still that lightness over the book and I like that. I also like that the books feel safe, and I always enjoy them. You can't go wrong with the Argenau vampire books.

Marguerite is a 700 old immortal who was turned by her Immortal Atlantis husband and he was a creep. She has taken care of her children and nieces and nephews. She loves her family and I always did like her. The hero is Julius Notte, an Immortal who does not want his son to find his mother. Some things are better left unsaid. At first it did annoy me, but trust me, he did all the right things. And these two are meant to be. As always there is a struggle cos poor Marguerite does not want anyone controlling her. But what would a book be without a bit of struggle.

The book was all that I wanted it to be, and it was actually more. I was so surprised at something and I went omg. The other big thing is that for the first time I also felt sorry for Marguerite's dead husband Jean Claude, and that was something I never thought would happen. This book was all surprises. 

Conclusion:
Light and passionate. Lynsay Sands books are perfect when you just want to relax and be swept away. I read it in no time at all and as there is a big family tree there is always more to look forward to.



39 comments:

  1. You know Lynsay Sands isn't an author I've read of books, bit I have a couple of my massive TBR pile. I wasn't sure when I would get to them but you describing them as light does make me want to pick one up - I've read too many heavy books recently and want a fun read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like light. Sure most pnr books are light but these just feels lighter. I do not know what makes them so, they just are. Even when the bullets are flying

      Delete
  2. I think I have one of these (the first?) on my Kindle. I need to read it! Glad you enjoyed it - I love it when a series still surprises me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you will enjoy that one :D
      And yes, I do love suprises

      Delete
  3. Yay for a book full of surprises! That's always fun:) I know there are a huge number of books in this series, do they need to be read in order or can you skip around?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say..yes you can skip around. I have actually missed like..3? in the middle and it still works cos it's a new couple every time and even if you hear about oldies it does not matter. You know that those would have ended up together anyway. And the whole "vampire" thing is always explained too

      Delete
  4. This series is still on my wishlist, and I know I can borrow them from my best friend whenever I want to start reading them. But well, so many books out there (and on my shelves already). Still, I will read them someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh a friend has them? Awesome :) Then yes, read them whenever you have the time over

      Delete
  5. 700 years of waiting? WOW! That is a well deserved HEA! Still haven't tried any Sands yet, but I will soon. I do have the first book in this series. I just need to make time for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it then :)
      And yes 700 years! And her husband was an ass who controlled her with his powers

      Delete
  6. Lyndsay Sands books do have one advantage - like McDonalds you always know what you gonna get. So what it is unhealthy, fat and artificial? If you crave it, read it! ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like fatty McDonalds ;) Of course it has been ages since I have been there

      Delete
    2. ...and very wisely so - in large amounts McDonalds food is deadly. Eaten once a year - not a big deal. ;)

      Delete
    3. Every time I walk to the post office I feel the longing, but I stop myself. I only eat big macs anyway and they are so expensive

      Delete
  7. I enjoyed this one, when I read a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not fond of vampire books but I love your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 700 years? Poor girl! I can barely handle 20 (hahaha, just kidding)! Sounds like a fantastic series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is just too long to even comprehend, I can't even manage a week ;)

      Delete
  10. Oh wanting a specific character's story really makes me want to pick this series up from book 1. Yes, I said it... book 1. I want to read them in order. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Book1?! Melissa! What's the matter!?! lol. Have you gotten on the series ocd train? ;=D

      Delete
  11. Being 700 years old and faced with immortality, finding one’s “life-mate” sound pretty daunting. Commitment takes on a whole new dimension.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering she already spent 600 years with an idiot ;)
      But yes do death do us part

      Delete
  12. 700 years is such a long time...YAY for HEA's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think it's high time I pick up this series :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds like a great series, I like the cover too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun :)
      Oh I forgot to snark on the cover!

      Delete
  15. Ok..off to check out this series. Can they be read as standalone? This one sounds amazing and i love your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always forget to mention things! But it would work :) Sure they are about the same family, but each book has a new couple and even if you hear about an older couple it's not like that's a spoiler

      Delete
  16. Sounds like a fun read but the trail of blood on his face on the cover has to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah not the best one is it. They all have blood, it gets old

      Delete
  17. I don't think I've heard of this book before. Hmmm, sounds like a good fun read. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP