Friday 17 November 2017

A conjuring of light - VE Schwab

The precarious equilibrium among four Londons has reached its breaking point. Once brimming with the red vivacity of magic, darkness casts a shadow over the Maresh Empire, leaving a space for another London to rise.

Kell - once assumed to be the last surviving Antari - begins to waver under the pressure of competing loyalties. And in the wake of tragedy, can Arnes survive?

Lila Bard, once a commonplace - but never common - thief, has survived and flourished through a series of magical trials. But now she must learn to control the magic, before it bleeds her dry. Meanwhile, the disgraced Captain Alucard Emery of the Night Spire collects his crew, attempting a race against time to acquire the impossible.

And an ancient enemy returns to claim a crown while a fallen hero tries to save a world in decay. 

Paperback, 666 pages
Published February 21st 2017 by Titan Books Ltd
Shades of Magic #3
Fantasy
Own

My thoughts
I started this the day baby S was born, I did manage 100 pages and then there was a a looong break until now, almost 6 months later. I mean I read other books but could just not get back to this one. 

But then I did, and I am glad to finally have finished this series.

I still do not like Lila, I just do not know. Lila, nope I just never fell for her. She is so perfect.

Kell, oh him I like, I mean I still want him and Lila to end up together even if I never did like her ;)

Rhys and Alucard, poor Rhys.

So the big bad is in Red London. And it is closing in. Off to the rescue. There is magic, danger and then it ends and, damn, I want more. 

Conclusion:
Good series. Watching tv...can not write more, this Picklerick ep is awesome.

26 comments:

  1. I liked book one, I want to try book 2 now too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read her - I've heard mixed reviews. Glad it's a short series. Maybe someday... but probably not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could never get into the first book so I dnf'd it with the intent of trying it again at some point. That hasn't happened yet but I have enjoyed other books by her.

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we had this convo with another book of hers...and you liked Vicious right? Which I did not

      Delete
  4. Yey you finished this :) I'm hoping there will be more books...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this series on my list, I hope to try it soon. Glad you enjoyed it over all even after the long break.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you, I hated Lilah. Schwab seems to write very problematic females. I didn't like the female protagonist in This Savage Song either.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, yes! I did not care for her either! Whatever her name was again..Kate? Did not care for her

      Delete
  7. Eventually, I will read these. How frustrating to not like the heroine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought the same thing about Lila. She just annoyed me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for getting it finished despite the bleh heroine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do need to read this series. Glad you finally made it through this one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds decent enough but not for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you ended this review. It made me laugh. I haven't tried this author, though I've wanted to for a while.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP