Saturday 18 November 2017

Saturday Movie Review: Hacksaw Ridge

WWII American Army Medic Desmond T. Doss, who served during the Battle of Okinawa, refuses to kill people, and becomes the first man in American history to receive the Medal of Honor without firing a shot.
Director: Mel Gibson
Writers: Robert Schenkkan (screenplay), Andrew Knight (screenplay)
Stars: Andrew Garfield, Sam Worthington, Luke Bracey 

Lenght: 2h 19 min
Drama/History/War
2016

Musings:
Another one I should have written at once, never wait....

Ok, so I have no idea how much was true in the movie. Like some of the stuff at the end. But never mind.

So this guy joins the army but does not want to fight. I did not get it. Ok so you want to help others, but you do not want to touch a gun? You are on your way to a mega disaster. Just think of the first enemy soldier coming at you and you are all, ok I will die. But at least I saved someone else.

So he becomes a medic, people are cruel. All, you are a coward! Hey, back off, he just does not want to touch a gun.

I kept waiting for the fighting to start. It took a while, but then they finally got to Hacksaw Ridge. All Americans were awesome guys, all enemies were totally evil...yeah, wtf was up with that.

A good movie.




30 comments:

  1. I think my guys liked this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hacksaw Ridge sounds intense. It's funny but I don't watch military movies or sports movies. I might be able to count on one hand the number of military movies I've seen, there has to be romance in it or I can't watch it. Saving Private Ryan was the exception because of the amazing cast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's an interesting premise. I watched a doc about Hacksaw Ridge but haven't seen the movie yet.

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched it cos there was this article about a guy who was from here who was in it, but no idea who he played

      Delete
  4. I saw this one a few months ago. I thought it was really good. It was a bit different than the usual war movie since the main character didn't want to touch a gun. A bit strange, but a good movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did like that too. Made me like him more

      Delete
  5. Hmm haven't seen this one...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen it but it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to watch this!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  8. I should try but I'm still not sure it's for me

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL I'm that way with books. Write the review!!! weeks later...blunder. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't watched this movie, but I really want too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want to see this, I love war movies. I like the aspect of him not wanting to kill (which I am guessing is why he didn't want to touch a gun) and it was highly looked down upon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, touch and you kill, which is silly, I can touch a gun, and still be peaceful, but yes I get his point

      Delete
  12. For some reason I can read war novels but have a tough time watching movies about war. Glad this was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can understand that, watching is another thing

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have heard great things about this movie. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. If I was forced to join I'd be a medic or Nurse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be a sniper, hiding away from everyone

      Delete
  16. I remember when this came out, it received a lot of accolades. I'm not into it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm like you. Why join the military if you don't want to fight (unless, was he drafted??)? I get helping people, but I think you also need to be able to defend yourself. Great review.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP