Friday 24 November 2017

Audio Review: Sweet Haven - Shirlee McCoy

In Benevolence, Washington, the Lamont family's irresistible handmade chocolates are a cherished tradition--and always a reason to celebrate. And now they're giving the three Lamont sisters, one by one, delicious chances to start again, make a change, and have their sweetest dreams come true...

Neighbors who care, a peaceful routine--accountant Adeline Lamont is glad some things about her beloved hometown never change. But when her grandfather is injured, she has to run the family store, Chocolate Haven, and make its legendary fudge. Trouble is, she can't get the recipe right to save her life--or Chocolate Haven. And she doesn't need her ornery new tenant, Sinclair Jefferson, stirring up the pot with his help--and daring Addie to taste her wild side…

Once Sinclair gets his hapless brother back on track, he's leaving Benevolence for good this time. He's made his life far away from his irresponsible family and their scandals. Trouble is, he can't quite stay away from Addie's optimism, enticing plus-size curves, and kindness to those who need it most. But they don't seem to have a thing in common--except that Addie's passion for chocolate, and for Benevolence, is just as contagious as Sinclair's passion for her. Maybe small-town life has its charms after all… 

Audio CD, 9 pages
Expected publication: November 21st 2017 by Tantor Audio (first published February 23rd 2016)
Home Sweet Home #1
Contemprary romance/Romantic fiction
For review

My thoughts:
Please someone, give me some fudge! Or chocolate! All the times fudge and chocolate was mentioned. All the times she threw some in the trash cos it was not great, only good and I was all, I want to eat that trash! 

Addie has way too many things to do. Take care of her grandfather's Chocolate shop (and learn to make the best fudge in the world), get ready for a wedding. Take care of her puppy that has way too much energy. Find time for her actual job! Avoid her matchmaking mother and well the list goes on and on. Poor Addy, I get that she wants to please everyone but the woman needs to learn to say no. But that is why I liked her, she was so sweet.

Sinclair wanted away from this small town but now he is back. A successful businessowner. And I did like him, and I got why he was not always a fan of small towns, before he looked deeper and saw the beauty too. But he sure was judgey at times.

They meet, they keep running into each other. They like each other and they will slowly fall in love. All good things.

There is also a mystery involved, why are lights on in her grandad's flat?

Conclusion:
A very nice small town and a fun story.

Narrator Vanessa Daniels
One of her voices, one of a 90 year old man was just awesome. I so wanted to listen to his stories. I could even hear his false teeth. Lol.
But her other voices were pretty similar at times.
Still, she was good at what she did and had me enjoying this story.

25 comments:

  1. This sounds sweet for lack of a better word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love small town feel goods Blodeuedd thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa...let's not be hasty and throw out chocolate lol

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to eat the trash?? HAHAHA you are hilarious. But yes if I read about sweets or watch it, it drives me crazy if I don't have it on hand. Like the most Chocolat with Johnny Depp...my gosh if I don't have chocolate while watching that I go crazy hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmmm chocolate! I would not say no to that

      Delete
  5. They can send some of that "trash" to me! This sounds like a book that would make me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, now I want chocolate :) Sounds like a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No kidding, I'd take that trashed chocolate and fudge, too. :)
    It sounds cute and neat how the narrator really nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I mean she throws the whole pot in the trash so no real trash touches the fudge ;)

      Delete
  8. Like the sound of this one, I guess if she were making fudge to sell it had to be right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true, it had to be perfect and good is not awesome

      Delete
  9. I think I'll just get cravings for chocolate too, if I read this. And I'm supposed to be on a diet!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, she was able to get the false teeth sound, that is amazing. *sends virtual chocolate and fudge* LOL

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay fudge! Mmmmmmmmmmmm

      Lol, yes it was so funny

      Delete
  11. Bah she sounds like a harlot...who dares throws away good chocolate or fudge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How could she? Throw away good chocolate, she is nuts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmmm... not one I would have picked up necessarily, but it sounds good - plus, chocolate!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP