Thursday 6 April 2023

The last remains by Elly Griffiths


384 pages, Hardcover


Series: Ruth Galloway (#15)


Published: February 2, 2023 by Quercus Publishing


Mystery Thriller Fiction /Library






 The end. Aye, it has been quite the ride. When my bookclub mentioned the first one I was all nope, I do not read books like that. But then I tried book 1 anyway and I was hooked. I read ALL of them in a few months, and then I waited for more to come out. Which brings us to the end. The end.




A body is found in a wall. Ruth gets called in. Her workplace is in trouble. She is wondering what to do with Nelson. He finally seems to be free, or? And then Cathbad disappears. Lots going on.




I have been wondering about Nelson and Ruth for ages. They do have a 12 year old together now. Oh that book where they almost found happiness, damn that book still kills me. But this is the last book and I wanted them settled and happy. But then Ruth was always perfectly fine on her own.




As always, I never know who the killer is.




Great book. Great thrilling series. I will never found anything like it again.





When builders discover a human skeleton while renovating a café, they call in archaeologist Dr. Ruth Galloway, who is preoccupied with the threatened closure of her department and by her ever-complicated relationship with DCI Nelson. The bones turn out to be modern--the remains of Emily Pickering, a young archaeology student who went missing in 2002. Suspicion soon falls on Emily's Cambridge tutor and also on another archeology enthusiast who was part of the group gathered the weekend before she disappeared--Ruth's friend Cathbad.




As they investigate, Nelson and his team uncover a tangled web of relationships within the archaeology group and look for a link between them and the café where Emily's bones were found. Then, just when the team seem to be making progress, Cathbad disappears. The trail leads Ruth a to the Neolithic flint mines in Grimes Graves. The race is on, first to find Cathbad and then to exonerate him, but will Ruth and Nelson uncover the truth in time to save their friend?




6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad it ended strong for you. Always sad to see a favorite series end.

    Sophia Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's over??? I'm glad you loved it so much, and now you have lots for a re-read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Series like these are rare gems.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP