Tuesday 18 April 2023

TMST

 


 

Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly discussion post where bloggers discuss a wide range of topics from books and blogging to life in general. Weigh in and join the conversation by adding your thoughts in the comments. If you want to do your own post, grab the question and answer it on your blog. Feel free to leave your links in the comments if you are participating.






4/18/2023 What were your expectations when you started blogging?






I honestly do not remember. All I know is in 2008 I was bored, and scrolling online. I think I happened upon a blog by an ebook editor? And I was all, cool, so I looked and found other ones. I created mine in Dec 2008 and it was a slow beginning. Then I saw that you could review books by authors! I was all, yes, now that I like. I got to read books I would never have tried or gotten a hold of here back then. It opened up the world to me







4/25/2023 If you could go back and change one thing about your life, what would it be?








Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly discussion post where bloggers discuss a wide range of topics from books and blogging to life in general. Weigh in and join the conversation by adding your thoughts in the comments. If you want to do your own post, grab the question and answer it on your blog. Feel free to leave your links in the comments if you are participating.




If you are interested in participating in TMST or receiving periodic emails that list the upcoming TMST topics and questions,  please fill out this GOOGLE FORM.  Participation is optional and never required.




20 comments:

  1. "It opened up the world to me"
    I think it's especially true for us international readers...back when I started, I just wanted to give some exposure to the books I BUYED and loved, and I would never have imagined reading ARCs or being a beta-reader!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ARCS was a whole other ballgame, I was all WOW. I have never read as much as I did back then

      Delete
  2. None. 0 expectations. I didn't even think anyone would see my blog or care lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honestly had no idea how deep the book blogging world was when I first started.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, trying books I wouldn't have and meeting other book bloggers happened, but I didn't know what to expect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To connect with other book lovers and it worked! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't start reviewing books for a while after I started my blog. It's fun though.

    I'm glad I found you and your blog. When I first made my blog it was a dare between me and several other people. We thought it would be fun to see what we could come up with to blog about. I'm the only one who still had my blog out of the 5 of us who started.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice of you to keep going :D My first blog was just a journal, but this, this was for me

      Delete
  7. I thought that everyone would want to follow my blog when I started it. I had no idea how hard I would have to work at it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I was initially drawn to blogging because of the idea of getting books for review. That was also when I discovered netgalley which I guess helped fulfilled that expectation :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked netgalley back in the day, now I have given up since I am not accepted anymore

      Delete
  9. I started in 2010 because "everybody was doing it." LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP