Monday 2 November 2015

The Geomancer - Clay and Susan Griffith

The uneasy stalemate between vampires and humans is over. Adele and Gareth are bringing order to a free Britain, but bloody murders in London raise the specter that Adele's geomancy is failing and the vampires might return.  A deranged human called the Witchfinder has surfaced on the Continent, serving new vampire lords. This geomancer has found a way to make vampires immune to geomancy and intends to give his masters the ability to kill humans on a massive scale.

The apocalyptic event in Edinburgh weakened Adele's geomantic abilities. If the Witchfinder can use geomancy against humanity, she may not have the power to stop him. If she can't, there is nowhere beyond his reach and no one he cannot kill.

From a Britain struggling to rebuild to the vampire capital of Paris, to a vampire monastery in far-away Tibet, old friends and past enemies return. Unexpected allies and terrible new villains arise. 

My thoughts:
So yes, a new book. I guess you could read it like this, but to get their story you MUST read the trilogy before. Not only cos it's awesome, but cos it's well book 1 was awesome and should not be missed. And without them you will not get to see their lovestory, and how everything came to be as it is now.

England is free of vampires. Right, to those who do not know this world. It is set now, but in the Victorian era vampires rose in the north and killed and ate. The humans left are part of herds. The ones that got away formed new societies. Adele is the Empress of Equatoria, with the capital in Alexandria. Cos vampires hate warmth and stays in the north. Everything stopped in a way and turned into a steampunk world with flying ships and so forth.

Right, so there is the world. A very cool world. And Adele is our heroine who can feel leylines and used them to kill vampires. And her true love Gareth, the vampire who thinks that the big killing was a bad idea. Cos those pesky humans are smart and he thinks vampires are doomed. Better stay with Adele.

I am still on the backstory! Yikes. Ok, so vampires are gone. Vampires are still plentiful in Europe. There is a new bad guy and they will go after him Phew, there, done.

There is action, and there is, well it made me think. Yes Gareth is nice, but what is the future for vampires really? Oh and will there be more books? The vampire future is still so uncertain, and I do like a few. While the rest should burn.

Conclusion:
So yes read the trilogy first so you will not miss out.

Cover
nice

Paperback, 321 pages
Expected publication: November 3rd 2015 by Pyr
Vampire Empire: A Gareth and Adele Novel, Vampire Empire #4
Steampunk /alternate history
for review

40 comments:

  1. I hope I won't get in yoo much trouble readin this as I haven't read the previous ones. Fingers crossed I'll be able to wing it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how this book sounds. Thanks for confirming that trilogy should be read first. I would hate to miss out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is better that way, reading them all

      Delete
  3. Sounds good. I like that cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so loved this series, I was super excited when I found out we were getting a 4th book! *fingers crossed for more*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes. Sounds like the vampires are the good old fashioned scary kind. I like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So scary, they will eat you and live you for dead. No respect for humans, we are prey. I like it

      Delete
  6. now I need to go find what the trilogy is

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agreed. The trilogy is a must. I will also review this one. The way I understood their reasons for coming back to the world is because there was a demand. So, I suspect there will be more in the works.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds really interesting! Glad you liked it :D

    Asma @ IceyBooks

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been a while since I've read a vampire book. This one sounds different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very different, not sexy brooding vamps here

      Delete
  10. Yes, okay stand alone, but I agree definitely if you want the love story (which was awesome) you have to start with the first trilogy! :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aye you so do not get the feel of the love story if you read only this one

      Delete
  11. Oh, I'll definitely start with the first book. Sounds like a wonderful series.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the tip about the reading order. I do plan to give these a go eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really need to try the authors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't read the first trilogy, but I am reading their other Victorian whatever, which I think is amazing. So I have high hopes for this as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes the...something series, i do have my eye on that one too

      Delete
  15. Yes I read the trilogy that came before; I am not sure I want to read this one, though. In the last book Adele and Gareth were getting on my nerves. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was curious about this series after reading their other trilogy. (Not the vampire one) Because I'm a fan of vampires, even if Twilight tried to ruin them. Sounds like an awesome world. It's nice they're writing another trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one does sound good, I do wana try it.

      Oh no sparkling vamps here. Scary vampires that will eat you in a second

      Delete
  17. I can't wait to get my hands on this one! :) I loved Adele with a fiery passion!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you enjoyed it! I think I have one of their books ...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, I'm happy I just finished the trilogy, so I can grab Geomancer :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE THIS SERIES I LOVE IT!! I am reading this novel right now, and so far, all the feels are flooding back.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP