Sunday 27 May 2018

Carole's Sunday Review: Her perfect mate

Author: Paige Tyler
Title: Her Perfect Mate (X-Ops #1)
Genre: Paranormal Romance & Fantasy
Pages: ebook
Published: May 2014
Where I Got It: My shelf (Amazon Freebie)




Their attraction is more dangerous than any weapon of mass destruction 


When Special Forces Captain Landon Donovan is chosen for an assignment with the Department of Covert Operations, he's stunned to find his new partner is a beautiful woman who looks like she couldn't hurt a fly, much less take down a terrorist.



Ivy Halliwell isn't your average covert op. Her feline DNA means she can literally bring out the claws when things get dicey. She isn't thrilled to be paired with yet another military grunt, but Landon is different. He doesn't think she's a freak-and he's smokin' hot. Soon they're facing a threat even greater than anyone imagines... and an animal magnetism impossible to ignore.




Uggghhhh I wanted to like this. I did. I swear I did. But nooooooppppe. 


It started off alright. Nothing to write home to mom about. The two characters come together because she needs a partner and I guess he got a promotion. The government, in this world, has a special division with people who are shifters, of sorts, and they do not trust two shifters to be partners (god knows why), so they are paired with a human (god knows why). Poor girl has had some shitty partners in the past, so she is wary of this new hunk. He is in insta-lust the moment he sees her, but he respects her since she is his partner. 



But yes, started out okay. I was curious and then *yawn*. I wanted it to end. I kept going though...because I am insane. I got about 75% done and I could not do it. She annoyed me and he annoyed me. The whole world annoyed me. Nothing really made sense. What finished me off was the one mission near the end. Something happens and I just turned off my kindle and never went back. Can't say what, but I was annoyed. Also, another scene between her, him, and a male shifter who is in love with her annoyed me too. He should be fired. They should be fired. FIRE THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!



In the end, this was a DNF. Nearly made it to the end, but two scenes annoyed me. Not for me sadly. Maybe for someone else.  






6 comments:

  1. Oh I think I will avoid too, thanks for the heads up and hope your next read is better xxx

    Lainy http://www.alwaysreading.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that the government regulates who they can/cannot be with. That would really annoy me, especially since you said she's already gone through a few partners. A partnership (work or relationship) should be between two people that trust and respect each other.

    I hope your next read is better!
    L @ Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, I actually liked this one. lol Sorry to hear you didn't like it more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed this one, but I get it when a book just suddenly doesn't work and a situation just tips it right over into nope, nope, nope. I read it a while ago so now I'm trying to think what scene you meant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really sorry that this one didn't work out for you. I really enjoy this series. I do think that the books get better. I hope you have better luck with your next book.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP