Thursday 20 May 2021

The Promised Queen by Jeffe Kennedy

Kindle Edition, 416 pages


Expected publication: May 25th 2021


Series: Forgotten Empires #3


Fantasy


For an honest review





Ok, so first, me and my memory. But, what I do know is that I liked this last one the best. I remember not feeling connected to the characters in book 1, in book 2 ( I cheated and checked, I started to like them, you see they were both rather harsh at first.) But here the strangest thing happened. I liked both at once, the story flowed at once. I jumped in feet first and was swam along.




Book 3, shit is going down! We have the evil emperor that, omg, srsly, the events in book 2, I am not going to say anything, but that felt like a first! I mean damn, damn! Whaaaaaat?! Pure evil, pure evil. Right, evil emperor to bring down. Lia, who is not really human, but, it was weird, like born from a flower, connected to the island that is a goodess, monster, island. Loved the fact that regents here are connected to their land, and there is a connection that must thrive or the land fails. And it is blood that counts, so a invading emperor does not cut it. I am rambling, but there is so much to say!




Where was I? Lia, queen of the last kingdom standing. Conri, her husband invaded her country to have a stand against the evil emperor. They had a rocky start, but now they, almost fully trust and want each other. She is insecure as she must always stay in her country, and he has his own. But hey love will conquer all.




A fight is coming. Win or loose. Nothing in between.




There was a side character that I really wanted more about, then I got more and got a bit disappointed, why? Well because I kind of wanted an entire book, lol.




Book 1 is usually the book that I like the most in a series, but here book 3 was the one. Things came together, and they did not behave like aholes. But truly, the best part was that foundation that the ruler of the country, is by blood its rightful ruler. I found that concept really interesting. Because what happens when said rulers are killed? Or taken away.




I enjoyed this last book. Nice finish that left nothing to worry about





Claim the hand that wears the ring, and the empire falls.




Conrí, former Crown Prince of Oriel, claimed the hand that wears the Abiding Ring, but the prophecy remains unfulfilled. Queen Euthalia of Calanthe returned to her island kingdom, but broken in mind and body. With the blood of war unleashing ancient terrors, Calanthe isn’t the haven it once was.




Lia must use her magical bond with Calanthe to save their people while Con fights to hold off the vengeful Emperor Anure and his wizards. Con and Lia will have to trust in each other—and in love—to fend off ultimate disaster. 


17 comments:

  1. I wish I have your thirst for fantasy books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed it Blodeuedd I am going to feature this on the blog soon. I will probably link your review to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad it finished well! I couldn't continue after the first book, didn't really connect to the characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither could I do be honest after book 1

      Delete
  4. I've been WAITING for the evil emperor to go down!! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat how this one just captivated you. That bit about the ruler's connection to their kingdom is fascinating. Glad you loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice that you enjoyed the last book even more than the first.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahaha I feel you about the side characters. Some deserve moreeee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yea for satisfying endings!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP