Monday 31 May 2021

Carole's Monday: Bayou Blue




Author: Lexi Blake
Narrator: Jessica Almasy
Title: Bayou Baby
(Butterfly Bayou #2)
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Format: Audiobook
Pages: 319
Published: August 25th 2020
Where I got It: Borrowed from the library

Summary: 
Seraphina Guidry loves Butterfly Bayou. A young, single mom, she’s trying to find a place for herself in the town she cherishes, but past mistakes have made her wary. She adores her son but has sworn off men. She's dedicated herself to restoring a historic house and building her own business. A quiet life is all she wants.

Harrison Jefferys never expected to find himself in small-town Louisiana, but he has a job to do and a family to reconnect with. After years in the Army, he’s happy to spend time with his Aunt Celeste and his cousins in such an idyllic spot. When he meets Seraphina, he starts to think Papillion might be a great place to call home. But a secret from Sera’s past rears its head and threatens to tear the community apart.
 
Caught between the woman he’s coming to love and the only family he has left, Harry knows he has to follow his heart and with the help of the crazy, loving, meddling locals find a way to keep them both.


Review:
I want that puppy! And I want that porch! I am in love with the cover and this book. 

In book 2, we are back in Butterfly Bayou. We follow Seraphina who is a single mom who is trying to find her way in this small town. However, things are not easy with her past mistakes still getting in the way. She adores her son and doesn't have time for dating. After her aunt dies, she's dedicated herself to restoring the historic house and maybe building her own business. When Harrison comes to town Sera finds herself having issues staying away from him. Harrison never expected to find himself in this small town, but he wants to reconnect with the only family he has left. He's happy to spend time with his Aunt Celeste and his cousins but he is drawn to Sera who has secrets and Aunt Celeste hates her because of what she did.

I liked book 1 but I LOVED this one. This had the perfect blend of small town, drama, love, and comedy. This would be the perfect Hallmark movie ;) 

Harrison was adorable and I loved him. I loved Sera too. They were perfect for each other and it was beautiful to see them fall in love. 

What I loved was that we have our two lovebirds, but there is a third character that we get to see grow and fix her broken heart. Aunt Celeste could be labeled as the antagonist and she does wear that hat here and there, but she is much more than that and she wears many hats. I really loved the ending scene on the porch between Aunt Celeste and Sera. It brought tears to my eyes. Tears of sadness and joy. Such a beautiful scene!!

Can I just say it melted my cold heart seeing the dog and baby interact? It was adorable!!!

The narrator was fantastic and fit perfect. 

In the end, I really LOVED THIS BOOK. I adored book 1, but this one was even better. Not only do we have a love story between two great characters but we also get to watch a heart-broken woman find her way to peace. The dog and the baby were cute cherries on top! You could get away with reading this as a standalone, but I do recommend book 1 as well.

I shall stamp this with 5 stars. 







Challenge(s):
- #28 for Audiobook challenge




3 comments:

  1. I like the cover, too! I've read and enjoyed Lexi Blake. I need to pick this one up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really good and I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really great cover! This sounds like an amazing read.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP