Friday 19 January 2024

Audio: Wicked and the wallflower

By: Sarah MacLean


Narrated by: Justine Eyre


Series: The Bareknuckle Bastards, Book 1


Length: 12 hrs and 40 mins


Release date: 06-19-18


Publisher: HarperAudio


Historical romance /borrow






I have read the next two, but I never did read book one so here I am.




Felicity is on the shelf, her family has secrets, and her former friends have given her the cut. But her family wants her to marry a Duke. As if.




Devil is king of the underworld, and he has secrets too.




They meet, they start to fancy each other. She will need to marry that Duke, but damn this devil is hot.




I liked it. Fun times. She really went for what she wanted




Justine Eyre always delivers. She is a fantastic narrator.






When a mysterious stranger finds his way into her bedchamber and offers his help in landing a duke, Lady Felicity Faircloth agrees—on one condition. She’s seen enough of the world to believe in passion, and won’t accept a marriage without it.




Bastard son of a duke and king of London’s dark streets, Devil has spent a lifetime wielding power and seizing opportunity, and the spinster wallflower is everything he needs to exact a revenge years in the making. All he must do is turn the plain little mouse into an irresistible temptress, set his trap, and destroy his enemy.




But there’s nothing plain about Felicity Faircloth, who quickly decides she’d rather have Devil than another. Soon, Devil’s carefully laid plans are in chaos and he must choose between everything he's ever wanted . . . and the only thing he's ever desired.


16 comments:

  1. Love Justine Eyre and I want to try this author at some point. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well she looks like a fetching little thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a goody and a perfect listen. One for audio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been so long since I read a historical romance. I need to pick one up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh King of the Underworld yes please

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read this one back a year or two ago for a TBR challenge. I didn't love it. *shrugs* Maybe I should try the second one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that. I think if I had read it first maybe it would be different

      Delete
  7. Why have I STILL not read anything by her???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww I remember enjoying this. I may need a re-read someday of this series. It was fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not Dare good though ;) at least not for me

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP