Monday 25 March 2024

Carole´s Monday: A Dance with danger


Author: Jeannie Lin
Title: A Dance with Danger
Series: Tang Dynasty #5
Genre: Historical Romance
Format: ebook
Pages: 282
Published: April 21, 2015
Where I Got It: My shelf (Amazon)


Summary: 
A promise sworn on the edge of a sword…

After a failed assassination attempt on a corrupt general, Bao Yang is a wanted man. Taking refuge with an ally, Yang accidentally compromises the man's daughter when they're discovered alone. To save her honor, he must marry the beautiful Jin-mei immediately!

In Yang's arms, Jin-mei feels alive for the first time. She's determined not to lose him, even if it means joining his perilous mission… But when she realizes just how destructive Yang's path could be, can she convince him that their life together could be so much sweeter than revenge?



Review:
It's been soooooo long since I read the others of the series. I'm glad this did well as a standalone. Hahaha. If a past character showed up...I didn't remember them, but that was fine.

Here we have Jin-mei and Yang. After a failed assassination attempt on a corrupt general, Yang is now a wanted man so he is on the run. He takes refuge with an ally and whoops...he accidently compromises his ally's daughter. To save her honor, he marries her. Jin-mei joins Yang on his perilous mission, but she soon realizes that Yang's path could destroy both of them. Can she convince him to give up revenge and live happily ever after? 

I simply loved that fact that they got a chance to talk and fall in love. There wasn't any major drama with each other. Sure some issues to weed through, but the main issue is external with his whole I-Need-Revenge thing! Lots of talking. Lots of learning and listening. Cute. 

The drama does bubble up and it was good. I had no idea how everything was going to be resolved!! Oooooo men....so damned stubborn......

Now, I did like Jin-mei and Yang. Both are very sweet, but....I struggled to see the passion between them until damn well near the end. I don't know and I can't really explain it. I guess I didn't buy the chemistry until the very end. 

Speaking of which....I hope there will be more books in this series, because HOW CAN YOU LEAVE ME LIKE THIS!? So open-ended. I needed more. What...what do they do? Where do they go? I doubt there will be more unless there is a spin-off because this was the last one and it was written in 2015. No epilogue? Gah!

I am curious to re-visit the rest of the series one day. I really did like some of the others too. It's been a long time that is for sure. 

All-in-all, I did like this. Nice characters learning about each other and falling in love. It took me a while to actually buy the passion and chemistry, but it does flare up eventually, for me, near the end. I'm bummed that the end didn't give me more answers, but it was sweet. I highly recommend this series. It was good. I barely remember the others since it has been YEARS so I am tempted to revisit. I'll stamp this with 3 stars. 

ONE WORD SUMMARY: Pleasant





Challenge(s):
- Romance Reading Challenge #12 (Non US/UK Setting)

4 comments:

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP