Monday 22 July 2024

Carole´s Monday: Heartstopper


Author & Illustrator: Alice Osema

Title: Heartstopper
Series: Heartstopper Volume 2
Genre: Graphic Novel, LGBT, YA, Contemporary
Format: ebook
Pages: 320
Published: January 1, 2018
Where I Got It: Borrowed from library


Summary: 
Nick and Charlie are best friends. Nick knows Charlie's gay, and Charlie is sure that Nick isn't.

But love works in surprising ways, and Nick is discovering all kinds of things about his friends, his family ... and himself.



Review: 
Awwww! I have to read more of these. The story and the art is so adorable!

We continue were we left off in V1. I guess a spoiler...but Nick and Charlie are best friends. We left off when they kissed and Nick took off. Charlie has been openly gay for a long time and Nick thought he knew himself...but after meeting Charlie...is there more to himself? 

BE WARNED! Some spoilers are ahead!!

I simply adore Charlie. He is so sweet and kind and really helped Nick. He didn't hold it against Nick for needing sometime to figure out himself. No pressure to make Nick come out. I really loved this. 

We get to see Nick try to figure out himself and his mates. He has some not nice friends (dang popular boys) to deal with. And telling his mom? He is scared. I loved how the scene with his mom was dealt with. It broke a tear to my eye. So sweet. I love his mom! I loved that WHOLE scene. 

The ending was simply adorable! I can't wait to read V3!!!

The art is adorable and fits the vibes very well. 

I'm loving this series so much. The characters are very sweet. We have a couple meanie weanies that Nick used to be slight friends with. Hopefully they can grow up. 

Giving this a 5 because I can and I will. 

 

ONE WORD SUMMARY: Sweet






Challenge(s):
-  Library Love #16


3 comments:

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP