Sunday 21 July 2024

Murder at Haven´s rock by Kelley Armstrong

Series: Haven's Rock (#1)


Format: 368 pages, Paperback


Published: December 5, 2023 by Minotaur Books


Crime/Library




I am always saying I will try one of her crime novels and I finally found one. Though to be honest I could have sworn I have seen her other series at the library and now nothing!




Anyway, dang, why did I not start this earlier? Now I need that previous series too because this was my sort of crime.




Wilderness, a mystery, people missing, bodies found. Strange people in the woods. A town being built as a refuge. Two detectives on the case.




I binged it, I binged it. Do I need to say more? Nope, binged! Case closed






Haven’s Rock, Yukon. Population: 0




Deep in the Yukon wilderness, a town is being built. A place for people to disappear, a fresh start from a life on the run. Haven’s Rock isn’t the first town of this kind, something detective Casey Duncan and her husband, Sheriff Eric Dalton, know first hand. They met in the original town of Rockton. But greed and deception led the couple to financing a new refuge for those in need. This time around, they get to decide which applicants are approved for residency.




There’s only one rule in Haven’s Rock: stay out of the forest. When two of the town's construction crew members break it and go missing, Casey and Eric are called in ahead of schedule to track them down. When a body is discovered, well hidden with evidence of foul play, Casey and Eric must find out what happened to the dead woman, and locate the still missing man. The woman stumbled upon something she wasn’t supposed to see, and the longer Casey and Eric don’t know what happened, the more danger everyone is in.




10 comments:

  1. I'm glad it was good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I love this series! Go back and read the first book of the Rockton series because that's where it all started with Eric and Casey! It's soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to mention, the narrator is really good, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yayy glad you finally got your hands on one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love mysteries with wilderness settings. Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP