Tuesday 16 July 2024

TMST

 


 

Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly discussion post where bloggers discuss a wide range of topics from books and blogging to life in general. Weigh in and join the conversation by adding your thoughts in the comments. If you want to do your own post, grab the question and answer it on your blog. Feel free to leave your links in the comments if you are participating.





7/16/2024 Stars, Letter Grades, Nothing...how do you rate books?




I choose not to rate on my blog, because we all see grades or numbers differently. Like I give a 3 and people say how sorry they are that I did not like the book. No, no it did not mean that, it meant it was a good book, not great mind you, certainly not amazing (almost nothing is amazing). I will def read the author again and maybe more in that series. Or like when this author attacked me cos I had DARED to give her book a 3. Well F U, I will certainly NOT read your books again and I gave it a 1 instead.





So yup no grades. On Amazon for example a 4 equals a 3 on GR and well the system sucks. Booo numbers, just read the review instead







7/23/2024 Book Cons: Are you attending? Would you like to attend? Which ones?


7/30/2024 Where is your favorite place to read?


8/6/2024 What is your favorite summer treat?


8/13/2024 Do you have a musical talent? What is it? 


8/20/2024 How long have you been blogging? And has your blog changed over time?


8/27/2024  Which books are you looking forward to reading this Fall? (Sept-Nov)




Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly discussion post where bloggers discuss a wide range of topics from books and blogging to life in general. Weigh in and join the conversation by adding your thoughts in the comments. If you want to do your own post, grab the question and answer it on your blog. Feel free to leave your links in the comments if you are participating.




If you are interested in participating in TMST or receiving periodic emails that list the upcoming TMST topics and questions,  please fill out this GOOGLE FORM.  Participation is optional and never required.




13 comments:

  1. I remember when that author was in a huff over the 3 stars. Wild.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will never ever forget. Some things live in your memory forever

      Delete
  2. Yes, 3 stars means a mixed bag for me, but I enjoyed it overall. Wow, I'd give that lady a 1 star, too! How rude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She and a friend really came down on me. Like what? They were even angry that I had used a happy smiley. Weirdos
      But yes that is why I am nope on ratings

      Delete
  3. You really made me chuckle over the 3 stars down to 1 star. Good enough for that author. Everyone rates differently, mostly I rate by how much I loved the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a hard rater so if it s good it is good. I will not pretend it is amazing

      Delete
  4. It's never ok for an author to attack a reader or reviewer for their review. That's not ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was ages ago now but I never forget 😉

      Delete
  5. I still rate on a 5-star scale but 3 is good and everything 4 and above is great (with 5 being the rare excellent)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am not one that gives 5s right and left lol. They have to earn it

      Delete
  6. It really is too bad that people think a 3 means bad. But it's not a bad thing. It drives me nuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does drive me mad too. Ok is ok, good is good, a 3 is more than just meh

      Delete
  7. I can agree for sure. And I think it is dumb when people think 3 is bad! It was good....okay...fine.....like calm down. I still remember that day that author attacked you. F her.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP