Genre: Drama, Dark Fantasy, Action/Adventure
Rating: R
Where I Got It: Theaters
Rating: R
Where I Got It: Theaters
SUMMARY:
After the Trojan War, Odysseus faces a dangerous voyage back to Ithaca, meeting creatures like the Cyclops Polyphemus, Sirens, and Calypso along the way.
REVIEW:
I really, really wanted to watch this on the big screen. How can you not? This story has remained a classic for a reason.
Here we follow Odysseus and his family. Odysseus went to war and then tried to come home. Along the way, he will suffer many of the gods' creations. Is it a test? Is it a punishment? Is it both? While he is making his journey, his wife and son are at home trying to keep his throne open, but Penelope is forced to house suitors who want her hand so they can rule.
Man, this was an amazing cast. Even the side characters were amazing. Don't listen to the haters who hated that they cast a diverse cast. THIS IS A FANTASY. THIS IS NOT A BIOGRAPHY. Everyone was cast perfectly. They all did amazing!!! I was especially in awe of Robert Pattinson playing our main baddie of a suitor. Damn, he was good at being evil, but also being a coward. Loved it.
The way they told this story was awe-inspiring. I loved how the past was told in story form. We only got glimpses when someone was telling the story. It really is a lovely nod to how stories used to be told. It was clever and amazing.
I am SOOOO glad we had limited CGI. The CGI we did have was clean and nice. It was nice seeing some old Hollywood tricks coming into play.
AND THAT ENDING? OMG the big reveal was heartbreaking and beautiful, and I couldn't stop the tears from falling. Man, that was a powerful scene.
But yes, this is bloody, and it is set during ancient Greece....so it is dark, and human and animal life meant little.
5 stars from me. I want to watch this again!




_poster.jpg?utm_source=en.wikipedia.org&utm_campaign=index&utm_content=original)





















0 comments:
Post a Comment