Wednesday 22 December 2010

Review: The Darkest Edge of Dawn - Kelly Gay

Charlie Madigan, 2

Genre: Urban Fantasy
Pages: 371
Published: August 2010

It takes a strong woman to keep the peace in a city of endless night. . . .

Deep beneath Underground, a cunning bid for power and revenge has begun—one that threatens to make Atlanta the new battleground in the ultimate confrontation between good and evil. The powers of hellish Charbydon have the upper hand after plunging the city into primordial night. And under the cover of darkness, a serial killer targets the most powerful Elysians in the city, the angelic Adonai. For Detective Charlie Madigan and her siren partner Hank, tracking deadly predators is all in a day’s work . . . but this case will test the limits of their strength and friendship as it draws them into a deadly world of power plays, ancient myths, explosive secrets, and a race against time that risks all that Charlie holds dear.

Plot:
There is a constant darkness over Atlanta, eternal night. Charlie is trying to understand her new powers, while hunting a serial killer, and dealing with her own life.

My thoughts:
I could go on and on how much I enjoyed this book, Kelly is an amazing author. She writes dark books, but still the book feels so light to read. I mean to save this book, since the next is out first in 8 months, but I could no longer fight it. I had to read it.

In this one she is dealing with the knowledge of what she had become, her sister is addicted to ash and sad, her ex is dead and a revenant has taken control over him and stays with them, and I do love Rex. Such a fun character. Then there is the hellhound in the backyard, such a  cutie. And her partner Hank, and oh now there is sexual tension between this that wants to explode. Nice, cos I needed some loving, but then he is a siren and that is what sirens do so she is confused.

Great plot as always, crazy angelic serial killer, that stalks her. More plans that has to do with Elysia and Charbydon, action, and just everything that made me unable to put this book down.

Great characters, and I love that it ends with an ending. Sure there is the big we promise more, but it does nto end with an cliffhanger. So I wont go crazy waiting for the next book, I will just go crazy cos I want it now because she is such a good writer.

Very happy with this book, it delivered just what I wanted and more.

Recommendation and final thoughts:
Yes, of course I recommend this series. It is a stay up late reading book. Just my kind of UF and I will be waiting for the next one and hoping that one rocks too. So go read it now.

Cover:
Very kick-ass.

Reason for reading:
They are awesome!


17 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this series before. I'm definitely going to check it out. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to read this author forever! Great review. I'm off to see if my library has it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...I like the sound of this book! Great review sweetie! Good cover too!

    Big hugs
    Hawk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you! I loved this book. I also want a hellhound! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vixen
    Do have a look, I just fell right away for it, it is that good.

    Bucky
    Yah, go, run, read ;)

    Hawk
    It was good for sure, made me so happy. I love awesome books

    Melissa
    Hihi, me too, even if he is all scary, he was still so sweet awwww

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome review! I need to review this one too... I LOVE this series!

    have you seen the cover for the next book?? GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You praise Kelly Gay so much that I am sure one day I will read something by her...great review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read much urban fantasy lately. Maybe I should give this series a try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Larissa
    My fav so far, it looks so good :D
    And the series, I do love it, and so happy I am reading it

    Ana
    Hihi, I do, I fell hard for this series, so very very hard

    Carol
    I do recommend that, every girl needs a bit of UF now and again :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another great Urban Fantasy. Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never heard of this series/author but is looks awesome. Just my kind of book - and that cover is amazing! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yvonne
    I have been on a roll :D

    Alyssa
    I am sure you would like them too, so amazing, so good, and such a wicked cool world (make that worlds) :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds great! Now I just have to get these books :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are ripping it up in the UF genre!! The books you've reviewed this year all sound like winners!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Elysium
    That I agree with ;) They are just so fun

    Staci
    Lol, I know, must have been a UF year for me, I just like it so much more than PNR

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP