Saturday 28 May 2011

Review: Alien Tango - Gini Koch

Series: Katherine "Kitty" Katt 2
Genre: Oh man, sci-fi romance perhaps
Pages: 428
Published: 2010

It's been five months since marketing manager Katherine "Kitty" Katt started working with the aliens from Alpha Centauri, and she and Jeff Martini are getting closer. But when an experimental spacecraft is mysteriously returned to the Kennedy Space Center, Kitty and the rest of her team are called in to investigate. Now the team must survive murderous attacks, remove a space entity from a group of astronauts, and avoid an unhinged woman with a serious crush on Kitty's high school boyfriend. And that's all before evil masterminds decide Kitty's extermination is vital.

My thoughts:
This series continues to be utterly amusing. There is lots of stuff happening and there is lots of humour promised.

How to write a review of this strange book, that is the question. First let me start that Kitty is an amazing heroine, she can kick ass, she is funny and when it comes to men she can be somewhat clueless. It is also impossible not to like her. She is now the commander of the Airborne and fights uglies together with her man Jeff. Aww Jeff, he is devoted to her, totally crazy about her and knew he wanted her from day one. I do like when he becomes all jealous too. He is my kind of alien. Together this couple is great.

The rest of the crew, nothing bad to say about them. I love how she banters with them, I like Christopher's glares and they are just one fun bunch.

Action, yes all the time. There is a conspiracy, and evil people want to take down the aliens. Not to mention that she gets a crazy stalker after her. What can I say a lot of crazy in this book and it made me like it even more. Hot sizzling romance too. I did not forget about that.

Why is it funny? Well there is always humour even in the darkest of times. Just look at the cover and you get the feel of the book. Cos yes there will be alligators and space shuttles in it.

Conclusion:
I read the book really fast and still it took me longer than normal. It is a mystery. But anyway the book is just that  good. I kept on reading, I smiled and went woot woot. This is a fun series that I would recommend to PNR, UF and sci-fi lovers. I sure enjoyed it and will read more.

Rating:
Hard to put down

Cover: 
Perfect for the book

34 comments:

  1. Hi Blodeuedd, this is not a book for me, but I am glad you enjoy it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I absolutely know that this isn't the book for me I have to say I think that cover is a hoot and I'm so glad that you're enjoying your reads!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had Touched By An Alien on my TBR pile for ages - I really need to catch up with this series! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to read this one. Glad to hear you liked it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wondering what to choose as a palate cleanser after Stieg Larsson. It might be a great suggestion. Lovely and absolutely persuading review - thanks! Aligators? I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Aurian
    Too bad :( Cos it sure rocks :D

    @Staci
    Hihi, isn't it just great and it just captures what the book is about so well.

    @Mel
    You need to go back and read Touched, at once! Lol, it is just that fun

    ReplyDelete
  7. @FV
    I hope you like it too!

    @Ana
    Oh yes it sure must be something different. But you are so hard to recommend books to. But it is funny and since nothing needs to make sense, well anarchy ;)

    @Melissa
    Yes you do...now girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I would like this one. I'm going to add it to my wishlist. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yvonne
    Add away :) It was really good

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I saw enough reviews for the first book that I almost feel as if I've read it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not sure this one is for me, and the cover makes me giggle, but it sounds interesting nonetheless. Fab review :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love a bit of humor as it makes everything less dark, grim or serious all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like I really need to get into this series! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Chris
    Lol, well the first one was just that cool

    @Melissa
    The cover sure made me giggle the first time I saw it too ;)

    @Jenny
    Preciously. And considering the action and danger than the humour made it much lighter

    @Cherry
    I say that you sure need just that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I so want to start this series. I absolutely love the covers and the books sound great. I'm glad you're liking them!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I missed the alligator at first! Hard to put down, huh? sounds good to me then. Thanks B for a fab review :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Mishel
    I could not recommend them more! :D Yes read them

    @Jenny
    So hard to put down, and lol, oh yes the alligator ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Alligators and space shuttles? That's gotta be a fun book!

    ReplyDelete
  19. @steph
    Lol, the cover tells it like it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. i've heard her books are great! i'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love it when the female protagonist is strong and kickass!
    Alligators and space shuttles sound interesting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. @carrie
    Def worth reading :D

    @Misha
    Lol, it was a great mix of things

    ReplyDelete
  23. the cover and title crack me up! sci-fi romance sounds good to me! I just have to be in the mood for it. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Naida
    The do dance alien tango there too, lol. Anyway so fun, but yes perhaps you gotta be in the mood for it

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh so many have been enjoying this series. And yes it is yet another series I want to get to. You have to stop this. lol. Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
  26. @Melissa
    I can't stop it, I fall for books right and left these days :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've been wanting to read this author. Your review reminded me why. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  28. How did I miss this review? ;) I'm glad you are enjoying this series. Martini is one of my favorite all time guys. I named my kindle after him. :) Before this book, I didn't think I'd like a Sci Fi romance. I'm so glad I was proven wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  29. @VFG
    I do hope you try her funny books :)

    @Bucky
    I would not have thought I would like sci fi romance either but I sure do :D Especially when it's like this.
    Hihi, great name for your kindle

    ReplyDelete
  30. so glad you enjoyed it! I LOVE this series! =D

    ReplyDelete
  31. I've only heard about this series one other time. It hadn't caught my attention but after your review I'm having second thoughts...maybe I need to try this series out.

    ReplyDelete
  32. @Dea
    They are just so amusing :D You should give them a go, they will make you smile

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP