Saturday 14 May 2011

Review: The Legend of Michael - Lisa Renee Jones + guestposting

Note:
This is the Lost Blogpost of Thursday and I am tired of waiting for blogger to get it back. So here it is. I have the comments that  were posted saved so I will post those I have. If I missed one, sorry

Series: Zodius 1
Genre: Sci-fi paranormal suspense romance
Pages: 416
Published: May 1st 2011 Sourcebooks Casablanca

One of an army of human soldiers injected with alien DNA, Michael is a legend within this new race, split between good and evil. Untamable, he has walked on the dark side and returned to the light. Feared and misunderstood, he leaves everything behind, including the one woman destined to be his mate.

Fate leads Michael back to Cassandra Powell, for she holds the key to defending his comrades. With their loyalties divided between duty and the people they love, only together can Cassandra and Michael overcome insurmountable odds to save humanity from the wrath of a madman. But no ordinary woman can control a creature such as Michael, and only one thing is clear—the world will never be the same

My thoughts:
Not an easy book to find a genre for. The world is the same, present day, but there is one thing that is different and that is that aliens did crash and the US government hid the fact. Then later they injected soldiers who become something more. Strength, the ability to travel with the wind and other things is what they gained. But the soldiers split into two groups, the bad and the good. So there is sci-fi paranormal, romance and suspense.

There was a lot of suspense in this one, and the whole book felt like a starter to something more. Things gets explained, why they are fighting, what lifebounds are (the men and their women connect in a special way), and how the Renegades (the good guys) build something new. We also meet Michael, the dark one. I am never sure what to think about him, but I am sure drawn to him. Cassandra is the daughter to the man who was there to start this whole mess of these extraordinary soldiers, and I do grow to like her.

I have heard some complaints about that the romance was short and so, but I did not mind. Things moved forward and then when these two were together it was passionate.

The men are out of this world. It was a fastpaced moving book.

Conclusion:
A book for those who like suspense in their books. There is danger, plots, conspiracies and interesting men. When the book ended I did feel that this series might have something to offer. A battle is coming.

Rating:
I do like suspense and romance mixed with sci-fi like aspects

Cover:
ok


.-----------------------
And of course with my luck I was guestposting on two places on Thursday. But they have been re-posted

I am talking about books and Finland over at About Happy Books



About Happy Books


And I had written a steampunk pirate short story for VVB Reads for her pirate month

28 comments:

  1. I get a little bit of a vibe of the Ghostwalkers series by Christine Feehan, which I love. Only no alien DNA there, but still altered soldiers, and good and bad ones figthing each other. But I think I will like this series as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any sci-fi but your review has me putting this on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still feel like this one would be something for me. I love my scifi and there seems to be a bit romance so why not. I like my stories with a good setting and a suspense that will keep you glued to the pages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I might be tempted but the cover...yes, we get to see his face but the rest doesn't bode well...;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this series before! Usually Sci Fi/alien-related stories aren't really my thing, but I've read a few good ones lately so the genre as a whole is really growing on me. Might have to check this series out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just not into sci-fi but I'm glad that you read and review these books!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. For some reason, the guy on the cover creeps me out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SusiSunshine has left a new comment on your post "Review: The Legend of Michael - Lisa Renee Jones +...":

    I still feel like this one would be something for me. I love my scifi and there seems to be a bit romance so why not. I like my stories with a good setting and a suspense that will keep you glued to the pages.

    .....................
    Blodeuedd:
    Suspense, romance and sci.fi, yes it sure has those things you like

    ReplyDelete
  9. Staci has left a new comment on your post "Review: The Legend of Michael - Lisa Renee Jones +...":

    I'm just not into sci-fi but I'm glad that you read and review these books!!

    .................
    B:
    Thanks :D Well someone gotta do it, lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenny has left a new comment on your post "Review: The Legend of Michael - Lisa Renee Jones +...":

    I haven't heard of this series before! Usually Sci Fi/alien-related stories aren't really my thing, but I've read a few good ones lately so the genre as a whole is really growing on me. Might have to check this series out!

    ............
    B
    The good thing about this one is that is not alien heavy as there are no aliens in it, and not much sci-fi either---in a way

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aurian has left a new comment on your post "Review: The Legend of Michael - Lisa Renee Jones +...":

    I get a little bit of a vibe of the Ghostwalkers series by Christine Feehan, which I love. Only no alien DNA there, but still altered soldiers, and good and bad ones figthing each other. But I think I will like this series as well.


    ................
    B:
    Hm I have to have a look at those to check. Even if no alien DNA ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mary has left a new comment on your post "Review: The Legend of Michael - Lisa Renee Jones +...":

    I haven't read any sci-fi but your review has me putting this on the list!

    ..............
    B:
    None at all? Well then this is an easy one to start with

    ReplyDelete
  13. anachronist has left a new comment on your post "Review: The Legend of Michael - Lisa Renee Jones +...":

    Well, I might be tempted but the cover...yes, we get to see his face but the rest doesn't bode well...;)

    .............
    B:
    I do like that they show the face..yup I said something about that in my previous post but missed it this time around

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chris has left a new comment on your post "Review: The Legend of Michael - Lisa Renee Jones +...":

    For some reason, the guy on the cover creeps me out.

    .................
    B
    Don't be scared! he wont attack

    ReplyDelete
  15. I see you are an experienced blogger and you saved the comments just in case. Have you experienced these 'blackouts' often? It was my first and I am shattered.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ana
    Nope, but all comments go to my gmail account so I put them in the trash folder that never gets emptied ;) it is good to have sometimes :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's cool that you saved the comments! I wish I had thought of that. My heart aches at the thought of the posts and the comments lost - lol.
    Suspense mixed with sci-fi sounds like an interesting combination. I love suspense but haven't read a lot of sci-fi.

    ReplyDelete
  18. this sounds like a great book! Thanks for the review =D

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Misha
    All thanks to gmail and me never emptying it. I did it once and then some emails from other folders were gone too so for now I just let it grow

    Larissa
    It was a fun one :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. good idea to save the comments!
    This one sounds like a good one, I do like sci-fi.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Naida
    All thanks to gmail *thank you gmail!* Would have hated to see them lost :(

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am a Lisa Renee Jones FAN, so this is definitely on my list!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Decadant
    Then I am sure this one would suit you :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would read it just because the guy on the cover is hot. LOL Not a good reason, I know. It does seem like a great book too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Haven't read anything by this author but I'm quite intrigued even though scifi is not my favourite genre.

    Great idea B, re-posting the saved comments; how annoying was the whole blogger thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I enjoyed this one too. It is a hard book to place, genre-wise, and even with the sci-fi element I was pleased. I'm excited to read the next book to see what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Liz
    Lol, oh you are not alone, I have been known to choose a book cos of that..once or many times ;)

    Teddyree
    I just didn't want too loose them. I was sure annoyed since I spent 1 hour bloghopping and then do see the next day that all my comments surely were gone. So posting yours here at least I saved some of your work

    Book Vixen
    So hard, I still do not know where to place it..but then who cares in the end as long as it works :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh look the posts are back...took a while! *evil eye at blogger*

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP