Wednesday 18 May 2011

x2: Silver Borne, River Marked - Patricia Briggs

Series: Mercedes Thompson5
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Pages: 352
Published: 2010

Being a mechanic is hard work. Mercy Thompson, for instance, just spent the last couple of months trying to evade the murderous queen of the local vampire seethe, and now the leader of the werewolf pack - who's maybe-more-than-just-a-friend - has asked for her help. A book of fae secrets has come to light and they're all about to find out how implacable - and dangerous - the fae can be. OK, so maybe her troubles have nothing to do with the job. But she sure could use a holiday .

My thoughts:
This book was just as awesome as it should be. I love this series, UF at its best. I will make it short, cos how many times can I say how kick-ass Mercy is ;) Ok, in this one there is trouble in the pack, not all like a coyote mated to an alpha werewolf. And then someone targets Mercy, the Fae are up to their usual shifty business.

How to make it short then...Mercy kicks ass. She is such a wonderful heroine, tough but at the same time vulnerable after everything she has gone through. What made me care so much for this book was Samuel, my heart was breaking a bit because I really care for his character, and I do confess to wanting him and Mercy together. Yes Adam is nice, perfect really, but I just love Sam.

This book had me reading like crazy. I could not put it down! At times I had to because it was just too much. I wanted to finish it, but I just could not handle it. It was just too good if that makes any sense at all. And at the end something happens, and oh no spoilers from me, but yes for the best, and I guess I could smile about it.

Conclusion:
My final word is that you read this series because it is just simply the best.

Rating:
Awesome

Cover:
ok



River Marked
Series: Mercedes Thompson 6
Pages: 352
Published: Feb  2011

Car mechanic Mercy Thompson has always known there was something different about her, and not just the way she can make a VW engine sit up and beg. Mercy is a shapeshifter, a talent she inherited from her long-gone father. And she's never known any others of her kind. Until now. As Mercy comes to terms with this new information, an evil is stirring in the depths of the Columbia River. Something deadly is coming, facts are thin on the ground and Mercy feels ill at ease. However, her father's people may know more. To have any hope of surviving, Mercy and her mate, the Alpha werewolf Adam, will need all the resources the shifters can offer. Or death will be the least of their worries.

My thoughts:
The sixth book, ok you know the drill, kick-ass heroine and hunky werewolves, and lots of other things.

This one was not as good as Silver Borne, but it was better in another way. I learned more about her Indian heritage and folklore, and we met old Coyote, a weird being that is not of this world.  You just have to read it to figure it out. He is a spirit warrior, and he create the first walker, and Mercy thinks she is all alone in the world. So I sure liked all that.

But on the other side there was less suspense and danger..ok not really, there is one BIG danger and that sure gets scary. Still the book had another vibe to it, and it all took place around a campsite. Oh and it was their honeymoon, yay. So that was fun cos now they finally is one.

The monster, good one, can't say more.

Conclusion:
Even if I did not love as much as the previous book I still loved it, and I love this series so if you have not started it then it's about time.

Rating:
What are you waiting for?!

Cover.
I do not like it and it has a urban background and the whole book takes place at a campsite.





33 comments:

  1. I haven't read River Marked yet, although I do love Mercedes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to read this series! The first book cover is a little on the plain side compared to the 6th one but that's probably also because the series was new and they didn't want to spend a lot on that first cover art...I don't know this is just a guess. Thanks for the double review! This series is on my TBR list, just don't know when I'll be able to get to it! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed this series so much. I really need to read some good UF books like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're enjoying this one B. I agree about River Marked - it wasn't as good. I think it may be my least favorite so far - but the series as a whole is awesome. :)

    M

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have only just received my first urban fantasy book, so it is all new to me. Shall keep an eye out for these series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Mercy Thompson series! Mercy definitely kicks ass and I love her and Adam together. I haven't gotten to River Marked yet, but I'm looking forward to learning more about her heritage:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too need to start this series, and stat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are other covers, but I agree with you on the rest, it is a really good series. Autobuy author for me. Do you read the spin off Alpha and Omega as well?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Count me in as another late starter - I am sure I have these books there somewhere...I must read at least one of them. Nice reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this series too. I'm always at how much Briggs manages to squeeze into such a short page count. But I think Adam is better than Sam - sorry but I always liked him more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wait... first and then the 6th? Are you trying to outdo my strange ways? ;)

    I still need to get further in this series. I do love it! I think I'm on the 4th book but haven't had time to get into it. Mercy rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carol
    I was waiting to read Silver until I got it :D

    Deanna
    Ahem, I made a mistake, it's book 5 *blush* Lol.
    But yes all the rest are awesome too

    Misha
    They are amazing, loved it since I read book 1

    Michelle
    Might just be my least fav too. Dunno what made it so

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vivienne
    Exciting, I hope you like the genre :D I do tend to love it

    Jenny
    I hope you get to read it soon! There are some very very interesting things going on in it ;)

    Audra
    I agree! :D

    Aurian
    I do love the US cover for this book, stunning!
    Nope, but I have book 1 and plan to read it

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ana
    I do love book one Moon Called, it got me started on UF

    Mel
    Dunno why I like Sam, I mean he doesn't really love her, and sure not like Adam. Still he just seems so broken :(

    Melissa
    My bad! I would never do anything like that ;) I sure have read books 1 to 4 in order :D And read book 5 and 6 this weekend and week

    ReplyDelete
  15. So agree about River Marked- it wass so different but still good. A really different vibe. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love books that make me feverishly read them! Glad you enjoyed them :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Susi
    And now I must wait SO long for the next book *cries*

    Jenny
    I devoured them. I could not get enough :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't read the last several in this series because of the m/m glom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This does sound like a good series, I've had my eye on it. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mercy is one characters that I truly have to get to know!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this series, and I love your enthusiasm for it. I think the US covers are much, much better. Daniel Dos Santos is a fabulous artist.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful reviews and bang on. These really are wonderful UF books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just love books that you can't put down! Fab reviews! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I feel like Patricia Briggs is one of those authors I would really like if I were to give her a chance. But I just never have yet!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Some day I'll try these. Some day...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Chris
    You are forgiven then :)

    Naida
    You really should read it. It is my fav UF series out there at the moment

    Staci
    I think you would like her :D

    Patti
    He is a master! I love his work and the covers truly stand out. Sadly these do not

    ReplyDelete
  27. Julie
    I love them :D I so want the next book. But until then I have the 1st alpha and omega book to read

    Melissa
    They are the best! And these just takes my breath away

    Aarti
    I hope you give her a go one day. She is amazing

    Elysium
    I know the feeling ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I swear I will start this series one day.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Jenny
    Promise by the bookgods ;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I have this series on my shelf. I just need to get to it. I have heard nothing but good things about it so I'm sure I'm in for some good reading.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Carrie
    It's the best :D

    Darlene
    I do hope you get the chance to read it too..it is only to take out book ;)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP