Tuesday 14 June 2011

Review: Alien in the Family - Gini Koch

Series: Katherine "Kitty" Katt 3
Genre: Sci.fi romance
Pages: 457
Published: April 2011

Super-Being Exterminator Kitty Katt and the Alpha Centaurian she loves, Jeff Martini, should be finalizing their wedding plans. But that was before she discovers Jeff is in line to become Emperor back on his home world. Kitty knows she is everything a royal family wouldn't approve of, and is bracing herself for the worst. As it turns out, the royal family is just the beginning. Especially when extraterrestrial Amazonian terrorists are determined to start and end Kitty and Jeff's nuptial festivities with a bang.


My thoughts:
I adore this funny series. Everything about it is utterly silly and amazing. Maybe I should just write a review why I like the series instead of going in to "analyse" (not that I truly do that either;).
You know what, that sounds like an excellent idea.

Reason why you should read Alien in the Family.

1. Jeff Martini.
He is just so so, awww hug attack! Yes he is really jealous and he really wants her. But I love him even when he thinks she flirts with someone else. The poor guy has a lot of emotional trauma since he is an empathy and can feel everything.

2. Kitty
She is funny, sassy and just everything. She says the strangest things, she does the strangest things. She became a commander of the airborne just cos she is so freaking cool. The aliens love her and I would love to have her as my bff.

3. Reader
Kitty would totally run away with him if he was straight. Sadly he is not and therefore they are best friends and he is lovely and funny.

4. Poofs
In this book you meet poofs. What they are, well on the cover you can see something scary. One of the scary things are the poofs I think. So adorable and scary pets.

5. Funny!
I have mentioned it before but this series is just so funny. There is one scene that had my giggling. I will not tell you what happened but it was hysterical. Kitty is the best.

6. Christopher
I have to mention him too. Jeff's cousin and sometimes I am a tiny bit team Christopher too. If she only could get them both. And he glares! I love this glares. I think the only one I did not like was Chuckie, back off Chuckie. Kitty is only for aliens.

Conclusion:
There you have it. This series is funny, cute, there is romance, danger, freaky aliens and you will never sit there and say "I have seen that". Nope it is fresh and weird.

Rating:
I recommend it. So read it


Cover:
Perfect :D The aliens, Kitty, the cat, lizard and dogpeople and a poof

44 comments:

  1. Well, I'm convinced! :)
    Touched by an alien is in my TBR pile and has been since it was first released but has never made up the pile...think it will be one of the few paper books I take away with me next month though. I can read it by the pool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a Poof, a Reader and a Martini oh so badly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get caught up on this series, I really enjoyed the first one. Especially Martini. Yum:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mel
    Yes it must go up the pile! It is just such a funny and weird series. Just get lost in the books and laugh is my advice

    @KT
    Hihi, I second that!

    @Jenny
    Yum indeed :D mmmm I want a Martini

    @Bermuda
    It sure was

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have it and I will read it soooon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun read again Blodeuedd, glad you liked it, but not sure it is my kind of book. Does it make sense when I say I am not a Fawlty Towers kind of person?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sci fi romance? That's a genre I've never really experienced before!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Ana
    I do hope you like it :D The poofs, oh I love the poofs

    @Aurian
    Well I understand what you mean but I can honestly say that the book is not at all in that silly category

    @FV
    YAY :D

    @Vivienne
    It is mad, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Amused
    Yep scifi romance :D All on earth though..well almost ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! I love funny series too! I've heard a lot about this one, but I didn't know Reader was gay. No wonder Kitty isn't with him. LOL

    Love your review style!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like a fun series! "poofs" sound quite unique!Nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The list of cover elements gave me the giggles!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm surprised by how many positives. Is she wearing a wedding dress?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved this review!!! This is one of my favorite series, and have I told you I named my kindle after Martini? Welcome to the Alien Collective!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fresh and weird is something I haven't heard before in a review. Must be quite the unique story.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds totally out there but works and is fun at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aaaa, you are getting through this series to fast for me. lol. I want to get to it too. But I just can't seem to get there. :) Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would not have known this series is so funny, but for your review. I am intrigued about the Poof too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would read it if I liked Sci-Fi even just 1% but I so don't.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the Reasons Why list. I've got to get it. How did I miss this series?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love, love, love this series! Kitty/Martini are awesome and Kitty/Reader are so sweet! Can't wait for Alien Proliferation.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love how completely intriguing and entertaining this sounds! Fab review...this captured my attention :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wooot after reading this I want to go back to this series. I only read book 1 so far. I'm not sure why!
    I guess I wasn't in a UF/Alien mood when I read book 1 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Missie
    Reader is awesome and there is this one scene...oh ia m dying to tell you about it since aww. Anyway ;) Sadly he has a great boyfriend already.
    Thanks! I just could not write the same old same old for this one

    @Naida
    They were great. Small pets that got huge and could eat people. Lol.

    @Chris
    Well they are all there ;) That santos is a genius

    @Lis
    Yes she is. Cos they get married in this one

    ReplyDelete
  25. Jeff and Kitty sound amazing! I have been hearing so much about this series, I am amazed how I have been able to control myself from ordering the first book immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  26. @Bucky
    Lol, that is a great name for your Kindle :D I absolutely love it. I have only named my PC...Legolas, lol

    @Steph
    Hihi, yes fresh and weird is just what it is in every good way

    @Jenny
    It is so out there, but it does work so well

    ReplyDelete
  27. @Melissa
    Sadly I have no read everything there is! *cries* Next book comes first in December *sad face*

    @DC
    The Poofs are the most adorable pets ever, awwww

    @Staci
    Oh :( But you know sure it's sci-fi, but you could think of it more like romantic funny suspense ;)

    @Patti
    I can't wait either. I need that book now! And I love them all

    ReplyDelete
  28. @Melissa
    I am glad it did. I am on a roll with the funny ones lately. I think I need them

    @Caro
    Wut!? Oh Caro, you must go back! Have Susi not tempted you with all the good stuff in it? ;)

    @Misha
    I could not stop myself and got it for for my bday..hihi well at least I held out until then

    ReplyDelete
  29. I SO want to read this! Honestly I can't believe I haven't yet. Oh and I agree... love the cover. I'm a Dan Dos Santos fan!

    ReplyDelete
  30. yes, really cute cover that grabs me already.

    ReplyDelete
  31. @Melissa
    I love his work too :D I had to go and get some wallpapers for my desktop so I could have the art around every day

    @VV
    And the best part is that it totally makes sense too

    ReplyDelete
  32. great cover!! i've heard such great things about this author

    ReplyDelete
  33. @Carrie
    Do try her books :D

    ReplyDelete
  34. I started the first in the series on my nook - with the free test down load. I liked it - quite a bit actually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Haven't heard of this one but totally loved your review ... it rocked!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. |AAAAAAAAAAAAAAh I LOVE this series!

    Team Poofs! lOL

    ReplyDelete
  37. @Shellie
    Then I do hope you read more of it since it's so good :D

    @Teddy
    Lol, thanks :D

    @Larissa
    I on that team too :D

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is another series off books I've heard great things about. I don't know why I am still so apprehensive about checking them out because your review rocked!!! Maybe I really should give it a go and just try to read one of them...maybe...I'll put these on my to check out later pile.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Deanna
    You must :D The poofs the poofs! And Martini, awww, the books are pure heaven

    ReplyDelete
  40. I normally have very few complaints about this series, but something about this particular book just didn't click with me. Maybe it was the wedding, I liked seeing more of the AC culture but it was really long and a bit slow.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Jennifer
    Well you are right, there was something off perhaps, but I still loved it ;) it did take a while for things to build up

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP