Sunday 19 June 2011

Review: Seven Nights to Forever - Evangeline Collins

Genre: Historical romance
Pages: 336
Published: 2010

Destitute after her father's death, Rose Marlowe has debts to settle and a younger brother to support. But she also possesses a matchless beauty-one that could command quite a price. Now, every month, Rose spends one week at a decadent London brothel, where she's become a sought-after prize.

Then one night she meets a wealthy merchant. Handsome, kind and compassionate, with a lonely soul that matches her own, James Archer is not her typical client. Falling in love with a client, never mind a married one, is unthinkable. Yet Rose can't help but lose herself as one night becomes seven-and seven nights leads to a chance at forever.

My thoughts:
I was very curious about this book when I saw it around, but truth be told I was not sure if I would like it. I mean she is a prostitute, but I listened and tried it. Totally worth it.

There was just something about the book. There was this sadness and lingering hope. They both wanted to be loved but life had not dealt them that card. The writing was good and I was soon lost in the book and did not want to put it down. A wonderful romance in a different setting.

Rose is a whore, there is no other way to put it. She sells her body for 7 days/month. She fetches a good prize since she is beautiful and mysterious. There is the whole point to why I wondered about if I would enjoy the book but I did. She does not care for her job but she needs money. There is no image of a happy prostitute and she knows it is dangerous and that she is damaged goods. I felt for her and I wanted her to be happy, and even though this is a romance I wondered how the author would make it happen.

James is unhappy. He married a well-born wife so his sister could get a foot into the society world and land a title. They have merchant money and we all know that is not old and good money. His wife is a total bitch who sleeps around and hates him. Still he does not want to be unfaithful but his steps lead him to a brothel. Poor unhappy man. He was just so gentle and sweet. These two fall in love and it is wonderful. But Rose does not want to be kept and be with a married man. As you can see, the HEA is far away (but it comes, I mean this is a romance after all.)

I liked the writing, it flowed well and I liked the two characters. Sure it nagged me a bit that Rose just did not tell her brother to stop wasting money. She was too nice (even if he did not know they were poor and what she did). And of course James' wife was a bit too evil in her bitchy ways, but a book like this needs an uberbitch.

The best thing was closing the book. I had a big smile on my grin and I do think I went "awwww sweet" :D

Conclusion: 
A great historical romance with erotic touches. I recommend this book cos it was sure hard to put the book down when I started it. I will definitely be reaidng more books by her.

Rating:
Recommended

Cover:
Ok

47 comments:

  1. Not sure I'd have been tempted but that's high praise from you so I'll keep it in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book. I still haven't read the first one yet though. Looking forward to it. Nice review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blimey - a hot and steamy cover!Historical fiction too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Er...right. I suppose not my cup of coffee but thanks for a review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not that's new - a romance heroine who is not innocent, but a prostitute! I am intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure if I could get past the whole married man and prostitute thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, it is fiction... ;) Plus, I like the way you say uberbitch. ;D Just for that I should try it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not often do I come across a historical romance heroine who's a prostitute. Not sure if it would be right for me but I'll still give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Mary
    It was just so good, I was happy to like the story. But it was her wonderful writing that was the best part

    @FV
    It was so good :D So very good. I do want to read the first one now too

    @Vivienne
    Oh yes steamy!

    @Ana
    Lol, yes perhaps not. Even in that setting it was very sweet

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Irena
    I know, sure I have read about women who have not been innocent but a prostitute is sure different

    @Alexis
    It was hard but then she needed money for her brother. And the married man did not want to start anything and she did not want a married man

    @Melissa
    Lol. I wish I had not been so lazy. I should have looked up where the shortcut for the things over u is on my keyboard

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Jenny
    I was very very unsure if it would work. I heard great things and was lucky to win it. I so wanted to try it and I am very glad that I truly liked it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds interesting. I don't think I'd comfortable with the main character being a prostitute, but I'm curious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love reading books like these. I don't know why! lol. You just know that the ending will be happy, because that's how they all end. BTW, the cover doesn't leave much to the imagination. haha. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not a "normal" heroine, the author took a risk, good for her.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have no problem with the prostitute/married man story line. I *love* angsty characters!! I'm very curious as to how they got their HEA. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Uh oh, is this a HEA? ;) Sounds like a sweet read. But I think I would be like you and hesitant on picking it up. But does sound worth it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it when a book leaves a smile on my face. The book has a different premise - a prostitute and a married man. Not my kind of book, but I might even try it someday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The whole prostitution aspect probably would've turned me off but you make it sound like it's a worthwhile read.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Did you know Evangeline Collins also writes m/m, but as Ava March? :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love how fun and sexy this sounds! Fabulous review :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't like the story's premise either... but she must be one heck of a writer to pull off a good story with that premise! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great review. I really liked this book. Rose and James were perfect for each other. I'm glad you liked it too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds good. Very hot cover!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh good! I hadn't seen this book before and as I was reading the synopsis I thought it sounded great and I was hoping I would scroll down to find that you liked it! I love that title. I'm off to see if I can get my hands on a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Huh. I can't say I've read too many romance novels where the heroine starts out as a prostitute, it definitely makes me want to pick this one up to see how she gets her HEA:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love endings that leave one smiling :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. @Gaby
    It was certainly different and I sure feared it, I confess to that. But it worked well and i just loved the book

    @Carole
    Lol, I actyally think the cover is kind sweet. I mean they show more on others. Always with the men with open shirts ;)

    @Nise
    She sure did and it worked

    @Diana
    I kept thinking no way it will not work! But it did, of course I shall not tell how ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. @Melissa
    It does have a wonderful HEA. trust me :D

    @Misha
    I can't say it seemed like my kind of book either but it sure become my kind of book as I read on

    @Staci
    It was strange, but the love, awwwww

    @Chris
    I did not know that

    ReplyDelete
  29. @Melissa
    It was so good, I did not want to put it down

    @Cherry
    She sure is! I mean I had my doubts but as soon as I opened the book those disapperead

    @AsianCocoa
    It was so good. Sure books make me smile but it has been some time since I had a smile like this

    @Yvonne
    It was excellent

    ReplyDelete
  30. @Jenny Q
    You must read it! So good. and here I say that not many HR books can rock my boat and then I stumble upon several :D

    @Jenny
    I think with this one it makes it 1, lol. And the whole book had me wondering when it would happen

    @Mandi
    It was great!!!! Loved it!
    I was even hesitant when I entered your contest but so glad that I did

    @DC
    Those are the best

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love it when a book surprises me. That is one toasty cover! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  32. "Rose is a whore." Way to be blunt! LOL

    Awe. The books you read always remind me of something, huh. This one reminds me of Dangerous Beauty, which strangely I mentioned earlier today in a comment somewhere.

    I'm not big into historical romances, but the longing for love in this book makes me want to read it straight away! Thanks for the review because I had not heard of the book before.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow, I totally love the cover.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Well if a book makes you like it that much than it's gotta be good! i better get a copy too!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I believe I have read this one a long time ago, or it is somewhere on my shelves, have to check it out. Good that you presevered and liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I wouldn't have thought I'd like this but after your review I've changed my mind. Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  37. This sounds like something I'd enjoy. It sounds like the perfect summer read.

    ReplyDelete
  38. That seems unusual - to have a prostitute as the heroine of a romance novel but it must've worked according to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  39. @Darlene
    It is the best feeling

    @Missie
    Ha, yes I tend to be blunt sometimes.
    I have to go on over to GR and have a look at that book and see what I thnk then.

    I am glad it makes you want to read it even if HR is not a fav genre. I just love the era(s)

    @Darlyn
    I would love a bed like that, lol

    @Amused
    It was so good. There was just something over the writing

    ReplyDelete
  40. @Aurian
    If it is still on your shelf then do have a look. it was so wonderful

    @Alyssa
    You and me both. Some books just suck you in

    @Naida
    It would be great for that

    @Steph
    It just worked. Who would have know

    ReplyDelete
  41. lol uberbitch...love it! Never ehard of this author and this sounds differnt than the usual fair of romance. Thanks Blodeudd

    ReplyDelete
  42. @Jenny
    It was so different and so wonderful. I do love when a book surprises me

    ReplyDelete
  43. i've been wanting to read this book for a really long time and your review has made me want to read it even more!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Carrie
    Do read it!!! :D So good

    ReplyDelete
  45. Um...the cover is f'in HOTT!!! Not just OK lady. :-P ;-) This sounds so awesome though I need to read it. Thank you so much for another amazing review and it's going on my TBR list right now!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Deanna
    Lol, it is just so pastel ;)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP