Monday 27 June 2011

Review: Wicked Games - Jill Myles

Genre: Contemporary romance
Pages: Ebook, 140
Published: 2011

Abby Lewis never pictured herself on the survival game show, Endurance Island. She’s just not the ‘survival’ type. But when her boss offers her a spot on the show and the opportunity of a lifetime, she packs her bags and heads to the tropics to be a contestant. Once in the game, it’s clear that Abby’s in over her head. The game itself is full of competitive, aggressive people, and no one’s more aggressive than sexy, delicious – and arrogant – Dean Woodall. Sure he’s clever, strong, good at challenges, and has a body that makes her mouth water. He also hates Abby just as much as she hates him. That’s fine with Abby; she’ll just ignore the jerk. But the rules of Endurance Island are working against them. Abby and Dean are teamed up – alone – on the beach. It’s either work together, or go home. Stuck with no one else’s company but their own, they learn they do make a good team after all.

My thoughts:
I did watch one season of Survivor. This was the first ever Survivor that Swedish tv showed. But I did not like the backstabbing and it was boring. But as a book, oh it works marvellous as a story.

Abby is sent to be a part of a gameshow and she notices at once that she does not look like the rest. The playboy bunny with big fake boobs or the walking stick. But then she is doing it for a bookdeal. And what is there not to like about Abby, she is snarky and normal. She is not letting her new team-mate Dean get the upper hand. Dean, oh he is athletic and gorgeous and he wonders why she keeps frowning at him. Not love at first sight, it is more dislike that turns into attraction and then love when they find out more about each other.

The show goes on for 2 months so it is not like the fall instantly in love, no it takes a while (ok not that long but then they do spend every waking moment together). And when it does happen the better. They were just too stubborn to see it before those fools.

And since this is about a game there will be backstabbing, heartache and then one final HEA.

Conclusion:
I really enjoyed this short novella and I kept reading fast to see when they would get it on. A lovely story in a different setting.

Rating:
Liked it

Cover:
Nice


34 comments:

  1. I never saw Survivor, but this whole concept interests me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book. I actually liked it so much that it could be one of the best I've read this year. I know I've read books with much more to them, but somehow this one just got me hooked... And yes, I'm a huge Survivor fan so no wonder why I loved it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never liked Survivor especially because of all the backstabbing. But since you say that it works as a book, I might consider reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of a romance set in a Survivor-type arena! That would be really fun to read about I think. And though 2 months doesn't sound like a long time to fall in love, you're right when you say them being together 24/7 makes kind of a huge difference:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like novellas are becoming more popular.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not much for the how but I so can believe that a book about it would work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a survivor fan but this book does sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen Survivor, either - but cool that the concept works for a book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never watched Survivor (on Dutch tv that would be Robinson Island), as I hate reality tv. But this book sounds indeed like a better way to spend your time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to admit that we've watched every season of Survivor. It sounds like I definitely need to pick this one up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the concept of this book - that the person is in a reality show! I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Survivor? I am not a fan and this book is er...just another man's meat (or rather woman's). Glad you liked it though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm with you, I hated Survivor. This one does sound appealing, however. I can see how it works here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They were able to make a 2-month show out of a short ebook?....

    ReplyDelete
  15. I probably wouldn't read this because I hate Survivor, but you make the story sound cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. so it's based on survivor, that could be really cool!! i had no idea she had so many books out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Vivienne
    I watched it cos it was new, but then it went all bleh. The start of reality tv killed tv. But this was great

    @mMaija
    Wow, really? :D it was really fun wasn't it. I kept wanting to read faster and faster.
    But then if you are a fan ;)

    @Misha
    It works oh so well cos in the end it is mostly about those two.

    @Jenny
    Just the two of them, all day long so yes their courtship did move forward cos of that. And the setting was sure the best thing about it

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Cozy
    They are great sometimes :)

    @Susi
    Yes the show is all bleh but a book about it was great

    @Dana
    Skip the show and read the book is waht I say

    @Chris
    The two of them, mostly alone, oh yes it works ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Aurian
    Here it was called Robinson to, but yes I loathe reality tv! Darn Swedes killed tv with it. But the book was great

    @Carol
    Lol, then this would be your cup of tea for sure

    @Amused
    I have never come across it and I truly liked it cos of that

    @Ana
    Lol, you know me, romance will make me fall every time

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Melissa
    Show sucks, book rocks :D

    Cherry
    Well weeks fly by fast in a book :)

    @Alyssa
    Since I hate the show and like the book you get the point .D

    @Carrie
    She has quite a few novellas out :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Now you have me wondering if one of them wins the game or not. If they win the game and get the love then it wold be double sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I never watched any of those survivor shows either (I'm not much for reality TV) but it does sounds like a fun book. Very different from any of the other romances that I've read recently. I'd love to read this one if I could find it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Another Jill Myles! I'd say you are a fan!

    I dont like the show either, but I bet it'd be fun for a story.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sounds like a nice little novella for a quick read. Thanks for the review. I hadn't heard of this one before. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think I saw two or three random seasons of survivor; it's interesting if you like the characters, I guess. That being said, I LOVED this novella! I couldn't put it down - I liked both the H/H and will re-read this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I loved the first season of Survivor but never watched it again after that..glad that this one was good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This sounds good. I'm going to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I find nothing romantic in having no bathroom, a bed, or real food. And the bugs. Yikes. If romance can bloom despite not having any hygiene products like toothpaste or deodorant, then it must be true love!

    ReplyDelete
  29. @Jenny
    You know I can't tell you that ;) And there can only be one winner in the end

    @Simcha
    A really different concept and I liked that. And since I liked it and I do not like the show then you get that it was good

    @Missie
    Oh you noticed ;) Hihi, yes I have almost read everything by her now. I just have to order the 3rd Succubus book.

    @Melissa
    Some things work really well in books and this was one of those times

    ReplyDelete
  30. @Patti
    It was so fun wasn't it :D I was a bit heartbroken at the end but I knew love would find a way. So much fun

    @Staci
    It was really nice

    @Julie
    Please do :D

    @Steph
    Haha, yes being eaten by sandbugs, no real bed, sand everywhere, starving..and still love blossoms, I would say they are on to something

    ReplyDelete
  31. My husband likes Survivor. I find it interesting at the beginning of the season, then lose interest as all the meanspiritedness comes out. Not sure this is my cup of tea, but I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Anna
    I know what you mean. People start as nice and then just get meaner and meaner. I do not like that

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love Survivor, so this one sounds perfect for me! Great review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Bucky
    Then you really need to read it :D

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP