Monday 16 February 2015

Finn Fancy Necromancy - Randy Henderson

Found guilty of a crime he didn’t commit in 1986, 15-year-old Finn Gramaraye was exiled to the Other Realm for 25 years. But now he’s back in the mortal world and is disappointed to discover that he’s middle-aged, DeLoreans can’t fly, and he’s been framed for dark necromancy, again. He has three days to clear his name, but his father has gone mad, his mother’s a ghost, and his brother is most unhappy to see him - who can he trust to help him? 

Paperback, 432 pages
Published February 13th 2015 by Titan Books
Urban fantasy
For review

My thoughts:
Poor Finn, at 15 he was exiled for 25 years. 25 years of being nothing and getting sucked dry of memories by the Fey. 25 years for a murder he did not commit.

But now he is back. Something went wrong and he has no idea how the world has changed. He still wonders who framed him and now someone is after him.

This was a urban fantasy that felt..dunno, just different. In a good way. Finn comes home to his strange necromancy family. His sister without powers, his brother who thinks he is a were (though there are weres). His other brother who has taken over and does not seem happy to see Finn back. Yuo, that family had issues.

Poor Finn, the world certainly did change in 25 years and he is so clueless. But I liked him, sure he is clueless but he does well adjusting. He really does not have a choice since things go boom at once he is back.

I liked his family too, strange as they were. The whole mystery of who framed him was well done, I sure did not figure it out, but then I never do.

Conclusion:
The world was interesting. Normal people do not know that there is magic (we never do ;). And I'd like to explore the world more.

48 comments:

  1. Wow what a strange book! How horrible to come back and find he is framed again. Laughed because I rarely figure out who committed the crime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I really suck at it, but then that's good, no spoilers

      Delete
  2. I love how un-Urban Fantasy that cover is! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha what an interesting book! The cover is odd, but it sounds like a riot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. damn it, this was suppose to go up PM not AM, sigh

      Delete
    2. Hahaha I did that with your review too! But I'm OCD and I deleted it and reposted it at the right time.

      Delete
  4. It's nice that it was different, you made me curious, I didn't know about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This cover definitely makes me think video game, not an urban fantasy full of the fae, but I'm glad you enjoyed this overall and the mystery was a surprise to you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thew guy loved making code for games when he was 15 so I guess this is why the cover is like that :)

      Delete
  6. Oh the cover had me confused, but your review made me totally want to read it

    ReplyDelete
  7. The title made me laugh, sounds unique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would never pick up the book based on its cover, on your review, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a cool world, not your typical UF. I'm so curious who framed him - and I'm glad to hear you didn't guess. I'll have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen a similar book, maybe from the same series - is it a series? - on amazon, just recently. It had feel different, good-different, to me too. And now you've confirmed it, so I'll give it a try. Thanks <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard of this book, but wow that is a completely different cover than the one I've seen for it. The other one (it's brown, sort of boring) and probably wouldn't have made me look twice. Thank for your review, because I didn't know it had such a fascinating premise.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw it on goodreads, very dull and grey. I am not a fan of this one, BUT it would make me look twice

      Delete
  12. I got a copy of this in the mail and I read the first couple of chapters and like it so far. I am so glad that you liked it. I am looking forward to finishing it. Your cover is so different from mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the UK one :)
      I hope you continue to like it!

      Delete
  13. This sounds really strange but interesting and different.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never would have put that story to that cover. Hm... now it's interesting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was also going to ask what the cover had to do with the story, but I see you've addressed that. It looks like a book I'd buy for my son... "don't judge a book by its cover!"

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like different in a good way books :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What's with the cover? It looks more like a nerdy kind of book, even a sci fi book, but no an UF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it does look like that, but then the book is not your average kind of UF so it fits in a way

      Delete
  18. I'm not sure about this one for me. I've seen it but...I don't know. Doesn't seem to light my fire when I hear about it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know before you have tried it ;) But yes I know that feeling, and you just gotta trust it

      Delete
  19. I think I would like to give this one a try :).

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Finland cover is VERY different compared to the US version. I barely recognized it!

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like that this one sounds so different, but fascinating. I haven't heard of it- but I am curious who framed him and what the world is like. Thanks for sharing!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds interesting, and I think this one is already on my wish list ;)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP