Thursday 19 February 2015

Sword Dancer - Jeannie Lin

Sword dancer Li Feng is used to living life on the edge of the law--a woman alone in the dangerous world of the Tang Dynasty has only her whirlwind reflexes to trust. She will discover the truth about her past, even if that means outwitting the most feared thief-catcher of them all.... 

Relentless, handsome and determined, Han sees life--and love--as black and white. Until he finally captures the spirited, courageous Li Feng, who makes him question everything he thought he knew about right and wrong. Soon he's faced with an impossible choice: betray the elusive sword dancer he is learning to love, or trust his long-disregarded heart and follow her to dangerous, tempting rebellion.... 

ebook, 288 pages
Published June 1st 2013 by Harlequin Special Releases
Tang Dynasty #4, Rebels and Lovers #1
Historical romance
Own

My thoughts:
Do you know what I like most about this book? China. Over a thousand years ago. Romance. I mean what was the last book you read that took place then and there? Mine was, well ok it was another Lin book. But before that, nada. I love that it's new and yes new, different, exciting.

This one is about Lin Feng, who is in a bit of trouble. She was taught the art of the sword, and is an excellent sword dancer. But she has also been in the wrong company.

Han is a thief catcher and he is tracking her. He is awesome at what he does and will find her anywhere.

She tries to run, he goes after her. The more he chases the more he learns about her. But what will happen? He follows the law, she has broken it. It does seem impossible for them to be together. They do have to fight for it (as one of them wants to run.) It's not easy and as the situation got even more complicated I did wonder how it could work out. But as we all know it's a romance so there is  a HEA and I was very happy with how it all turned out.

I also saw who the next book is about..intriguing.

If you want a change in your historical romance diet, then do give this one (or any of her books a try). And, if you are happy with what you got then do still try them ;)

Conclusion;
I enjoyed it :)

Cover
awesome

36 comments:

  1. That's a great cover!!

    Have you ever read Bridge of Birds: A Novel of an Ancient China that Never Was by Barry Hughart? Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read this author before and like her attention to detail regarding the setting and people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does it so well, I can see myself there :)

      Delete
  3. I definitely have not read many books set in China, so this one has me intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a few of her books but haven't read them yet. I love when books take place in new locations & other cultures.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love when it's a different locale than the 'average' romance. Haven't read any there I don't believe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You don't see many historical romances set in China, this definitely sounds like one worth checking out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have heard great things about Jeannie Lin's books and now your review... I think I need to read this author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think you would enjoy them :)

      Great now I started thinking of that soap again, still in my mind ;)

      Delete
  8. Her name sounds familiar. But yes, China has a very interesting history, great back drop for any type of fictional novel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has written a couple of these, but maybe you read her steampunk one?

      Delete
  9. I definitely want to try this author again. First time was with another novel and I DNFed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pooh :/ The steampunk one? I mean I could see you with that one

      Delete
  10. A historical romance that takes place in ancient China? Yes please!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh CHina? It's so nice to have different place in a book, I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, now you've made me curious. I suppose I'll have to give this one a try... I like everything that is well written and from what I understand, Lin does China well. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've read historical romances set in China but not this far back. Great cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 19th century with some English missionary, that is all I have read ;)

      Delete
  14. I've never heard of these but I'm totally intrigued now! Sounds really great and different.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jeannie Lin is great. Love ancient China/Japan but it's been years since I read anything there. Adding to wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this author! I have not read this one yet. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've heard some great things about this series. I'm not normally a historical fan, but I think I would enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lin is such an amazing author and I love being transported to historical China whenever I read her books. She gets great covers too!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP