Wednesday 18 February 2015

Kingdom 1, 2, 3 - Marie Hall

Alice is all grown up. Running the Mad Hatter's Cupcakery and Tea Shoppe is a delicious job, until fate--and a fairy godmother with a weakness for bad boys--throws her a curveball. Now, Alice is the newest resident of Wonderland, where the Mad Hatter fuels her fantasies and thrills her body with his dark touch.

The Mad Hatter may have a voice and a body made for sex, but he takes no lovers. Ever. But a determined fairy godmother has forced Alice into Wonderland--and his arms. Now, as desire and madness converge, the Hatter must decide if he will fight the fairy godmother's mating--or fight for Alice.

My thoughts:
Alice is a young woman obsessed with the mad hatter, and she thinks depp was HOT as him. Do I think so, haha, no. So could I see the mad hatter as hot? Haha, so not hot. Euww.

Did I think the mad hatter was sexy when I did not see him as Depp? Haha, god no. The guy was insane. Not insane in a cool or dark way. No the guy was truly insane and should have been locked away. He is the crazy creepy guy standing in a park talking to his pigeons and shouting things at those who pass by. I did feel the author only wrote about him cos she has a crush on Depp. But hey nothing wrong with that. I just..no. Not even as Sparrow.

The story then. Fairy godmother Danika needs to find true loves for her bad boys. And Hatter is tired of his Alices. He certainly does not want this new one. Lucky for him she likes guys who are insane..insane..INSANE.

A short novella about an insane guy talking in riddles and the woman who really loves him. Throw in some drama at the end and a HEA and the end. I enjoyed it.

Kindle Edition, 129 pages
Published July 7th 2012
Kingdom #1, Bad Five #1
Fantasy/Fairy-tale/ UF/PNR


A not so classic retelling of Beauty and the Beast, as seen through the eyes of the villain...

Betty Hart has had it with men. Jilted in love, her life now consists of shelving books by day, watching too much Anime by night, and occasionally dressing up like a superhero on the weekends with her fellow ‘Bleeding Heart’ nerds. Men are not welcome and very much unwanted. Especially the sexy Frenchman who saunters into her library reeking of alcohol and looking like he went one too many rounds in the ring.

Gerard Caron is in trouble. Again. Caught with his pants down (literally) he’s forced to seek asylum on Earth while his fairy godmother tries to keep Prince Charming from going all ‘Off with his head’. Maybe, messing around with the King’s daughter hadn’t been such a great idea after all, not that Gerard knew the silly redhead was a princess. But his fairy godmother knows the only way to save his life is to finally pair Gerard with his perfect mate, whether he’s willing or not.

From the moment Gerard lays eyes on the nerdy librarian he knows he must have her, but Betty is unlike any woman he’s ever known. He thought Betty would come as willingly to his bed as every other woman before her, but she is a woman who demands respect and even… horror of all horrors… love. Is it possible for a self-proclaimed Casanova to change his ways? 

My thoughts:
First I must say that Gerard deserved a kick in the nuts. What a chauvinistic ass-hole! The first time he meet Betty he pretty much assaults her because obviously every woman in the world wants to do him. As if asshole.

But yes obviously he learns that he is not that awesome, though he had a hard time letting go of it. Especially after a certain incident.

Backing up....Gerard is from Beauty and the Beast. He was totally in love with her, she was a bitch. Yes the story got it wrong. But now he gets magically cured by true love in the end. Just, he so has a sex addiction, true love does not cure it like that. 

Still, it was fun, and cute, and short. 

Kindle Edition, 188 pages
Published July 28th 2012
Kingdom #2, Bad Five #2
Own

Long ago there lived a beautiful child. Her name was Violet. Fair of skin, with blonde hair and large blue eyes. Born of wild magic, she was a woman with a child’s heart. Innocent and lovely, but not at all what she seemed--you see Violet went by another name: The Heartsong.

She was the child of fairy magic, the physical manifestation of all fae kinds unbridled power. Cosseted and pampered, she grew up in isolation, never knowing who she really was, or why there were those who’d seek to harm her. 

Ewan of the Blackfoot Clan is a wolf with a problem. He’s been sent to kill the Heartsong, but the moment he lays eyes on the blonde beauty he knows he’ll defy the evil fae he works for to claim Violet as his own.

This is the tale of Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf, as it really happened... 

My thoughts:
Red looked young, then 500 years later she still looked young, and all I wondered, how young? Creepy young? I hope not. Do not tell me that, it's creepy.

Wolf was meant to kill Red. But she was his one true love, and then he lost her. I felt like I got to know him, he was you know totally alpha and all mine!! While she, no, she did not really have a personality except for..except for nothing. She was Red and nothing else.

They meet again and goes on their adventure to save this fairy tale land. But this one was the weakest so far, because she had like I said no personality. Still good though.

After having read all 3 of these I do wonder about a few things, like why do we know these tales? Explain please.

Kindle Edition
Published September 27th 2012
Kingdom #3, Bad Five #3
Own

28 comments:

  1. I like the twist of these novellas. The men are villains so they are super flawed like the Beast and Mad Hatter. It's a great concept and short reads too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the beast is not a hero here, it's that guy who Belle did not want

      Delete
  2. Sounds like these three were interesting. I always laugh when you say you want to kick a character in the nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did enjoy that one the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know, if the Mad Hatter looked like the guy on the cover I'm thinking I could find him hot pretty easily:) Yay fairytale retellings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked Hatter. He really was a nutjob. I wish the author hadn't gone all weird last year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! I loved your reviews. Looks like these aren't bad as long as you don't take them too seriously. Oh and Depp! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, some additions to my misadventures stash...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read book one and need to read the others..these are dark and a little twisted. I thought book one was good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh it's nice to have little stories like that. Maybe I'll try one one day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your novellas reviews, lol. They move like bullets and are super honest, in a way that leaves me grinning and satisfied. So, thanks for that! Now I'm thinking of crazy guys talking to pigeons in parks... LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ;)
      haha, I do tell it like I feel it. Instead of going around in circles, here you get what you get

      Delete
  11. I'm not sure about these ones... The insane guy... no... next. The chauvinistic ass-hole...mmm.. next... and the Simple Red... I think not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...they, sigh, I did not like many of the characters

      Delete
  12. I love fairy tale retellings, but I just am not too sure about these. Maybe a bit too out there for me

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I picked this up as well, with all three stories in it. Are they all novella length? If so I might be able to slip them in easier. But they sound like something fun to enjoy. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP