Saturday 14 February 2015

Witch way to Murder and #FitReaders: Weekly Check-In Feb 13 2015

#FitReaders hosted by Geeky Bloggers Book Blog  and That’s What I’m Talking About.

Sat, 50 min zumba at home (NOT as fun as zumba class), 50 min walk
Sun, 2 hour walk
Mon, 6 km bike, 45 min zumba toning
Tue, 1 hour yoga, 4 km bike, 15 min walk
Wed, 4 km bike, 1 hour zumba
Thu, 4 km bike, 30 min walk
Fri, 5 km bike, 30 min walk

So zumba at home was a bust, maybe I will try it again one day, or not.

---------------------------
Bewitched meets Murder She Wrote in this delightful new cozy mystery series featuring Ophelia Jensen, small town librarian and reluctant psychic, and her grandmother Abby, a benevolent witch. 

Thirty something Ophelia Jensen wants to live a quiet life as a small town librarian. She's created a comfortable existence with her kooky, colorful grandmother Abby, and if it were up to her, they could live out their days—along with Ophelia's dog Lady and cat Queenie—in peace and quiet. But, to Ophelia's dismay, she and Abby aren't a typical grandmother/granddaughter duo. She possesses psychic powers, and Abby is a kindly witch. And while Ophelia would do anything to dismiss her gift—harboring terrible guilt after her best friend was killed and she was unable to stop it—threatening events keep popping up, forcing her to tap into her powers of intuition. To make matters worse, a strange—yet devastatingly attractive—man is hanging around Ophelia's library, and no matter how many times she tells him she's sworn off men forever, he persists. Soon this handsome newcomer reveals he's following a lead on a local drug ring, and then a dead body shows up right in Abby's backyard. And much as Ophelia would like to put away her spells forever, she and Abby must use their special powers to keep themselves, and others, out of harm's way.
My thoughts:
See, I finally did read another cozy mystery ;)
Ophelia is a librarian. She has a haunted past. The townsfolk like her, but avoid her. Her grandmother is a witch, but only Ophelia knows this. Her only friend is a woman working at the library, and they are not even friends in a way.

Yeah, Ophelia really pushed people away. But then a mysterious hot guy shows up. And there are strange things happening in town. And then there is that dead body, and her grandmother telling her that she must solve this.

It was a light mystery that I could read fast. Ophelia was nice when you got to know her. There is a hint of romance. But the next book I have is book 6 and it was not that awesome that I will buy the rest. I will just read that sixth book one day...maybe. Because in the end it was just ok.

Mass Market Paperback, 292 pages
Published August 30th 2005 by Avon
Ophelia & Abby Mystery #1
Cozy mystery
Own


35 comments:

  1. It's hard with home workouts. Sometimes the instructor is too boring or too perky and with no people around you to help motivate you it matters.

    I haven't read too many cozy mysteries. Unless they're really funny I get bored.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do want a motivated instructor. The ones I found were boring, and I do not need a 5 min how to, just start and I will try

      Delete
  2. Oh my those snowy pics are gorgeous. Great varying exercise this week - way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zumba at home. That makes me giggle. However, I did do "Just Dance" on the Xbox a couple weeks ago, and so I can't give you grief!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did find an app yesterday that I actually think might work, it was this Swedish one and I felt like my class so will try it...when bf is not home and thinks I am insane ha

      Delete
  4. Lovely pics and great job this week! I hope you also had a lovely V-Day. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, lots of snow where you are. We're getting quite a storm here too now. I sure wouldn't want to go walking in that, so I admire you!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, not so much really, it keeps coming and melting away

      Delete
  6. Yay for returning to a cozy mystery! I didn't know about this one but it sounds nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos again and you killed it with the exercise, even if zumba at home wasn't as much fun ... way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks cold! I haven't found any dvds that I love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always have great photos. My walking is either in the parking lot at work or on the treadmill at home, so not photogenic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I do love woodland walks,but they mostly happen on Sundays

      Delete
    2. Thank you!

      I do love woodland walks,but they mostly happen on Sundays

      Delete
  10. As always the time you put into exercising blows me away! That's commitment and discipline... Bravo!!! Not big on cozy mysteries, but this sounds okay actually. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds good to me - you know how I love the cozy mysteries.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1) I love sun shining pictures. :3 They are always pretty no matter what
    2) COZY MYSTERY! It has been a while.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow huge effort with the exercise, well done!
    Have a great week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooo snow! How pretty! I'm a bit jealous. We're getting ice/winter mix tonight but probably not much pretty stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love those photos! Working out at home is not as fun as in a class so I understand what you mean. I also end up getting lazy so that's why I prefer going to a class (since I paid for it I better go lol). Great job and have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Class is so much better, and yes since I paid I go, it's a good kick in the butt for me

      Delete
  16. I like cozy mysteries but I never seem to read them unless they're the only thing around, like on vacation. I should really give them a try more often. OMG I could never do zumba at home. I'm so uncoordinated I have to be in a class with people so I can gauge what I'm doing wrong. :-) Good week of exercise nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, I never seek them out for some reason

      I am gonna give it one more go and if that fails, then zumba at home is doomed

      Delete
  17. I am glad you read this one Blodeuedd, I really enjoyed this series a while ago.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are doing great on the fitness! This does sound like a quick, fun read. :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP