Wednesday 11 November 2015

A Gentleman for All Seasons Anthology

The tiny village of Hemshawe is the sort of place where nothing ever happens…until a handsome ex-soldier and his matchmaking sister let the imposing manor house at the edge of town. The friendly Londoners shake up the staid people of Hemshawe, and villagers see each other in a new and oh-so-appealing light. 

Suddenly long-sparring enemies become lovers, a town festival heralds a new start for a fallen woman and a dandy, and a man who has given up on love gets a second chance with the woman he never forgot. And the matchmaker herself? She won’t rest until she finds her own happily-ever-after… 


A Madness in Spring by Kate Noble 

Adam Sturridge has made Belinda Leonard’s blood boil since childhood, and the feeling is mutual. But when a would-be matchmaker arrives in the village of Hemshawe, she’d determined to erase the thin line between love and hate. Now, Belinda and Adam are faced with falling for someone they’ve always considered an enemy — can they overcome old prejudices and discover how to rub each other the right way? 


The Summer of Wine and Scandal by Shana Galen 

When viscount’s son and dandy Peregrine Lochley is temporarily exiled from London to the country for his misdeeds, the last thing he expects is to encounter an intriguing woman. But Caroline Martin has a secret to hide, and it just might be too scandalous for even this debauched rogue. 


Those Autumn Nights by Theresa Romain 
Ten years ago, wealthy Eliza Greenleaf broke lowly soldier Bertram Gage’s heart—but the last decade brought changes in fortune to them both. Now that he’s made his mark on the world, a twist of fate brings the Greenleaf family under his power. Will this war-hardened officer triumph over his former lover…or will Bertie and Eliza give love a second chance? 

The Season for Loving by Vanessa Kelly 

Miss Georgie Gage, matchmaker extraordinaire, is resigned to life as a spinster—almost. When notoriously aloof bachelor Fergus Haddon arrives from Scotland to spend Christmas with the Gage family, Georgie thinks she’s finally found her own perfect match—if, that is, she can get the handsome Highlander to agree! 

My thoughts:
A Madness in Spring by Kate Noble 
Enemies to lovers, yay. Yes I adore that. They were enemies for silly childhood reasons though, but enemies none the less. Belinda and Adam has teased each other for 15 years, but then a matchmaker shows up. Haha, good for her, they obviously liked each other behind all that you are so annoying. So let's make them realise that.

I liked her, I liked him, I liked the dance between them. A nice spring story.


The Summer of Wine and Scandal by Shana Galen 
Here comes the summer story. Peregrine, a real dandy, meets Caroline, who is not worried when she gets muddy. She thinks him a dandy (duh), he likes her. But she has a secret, and trust me this was a SECRET. It made me sad, I felt so sorry for her. Cos it is a SECRET. But it's also a romance and they lived happily ever after. Nice


Those Autumn Nights by Theresa Romain 
Autumn comes and Bertie meets Eliza, the woman he used to love. Who chose her family over a poor soldier. But then he rented her family home cos they got poor, and he was all, ha, look at me now.
But again, this is a romance, so they will end up together after some drama. And all is well.


The Season for Loving by Vanessa Kelly 
The last one is one for Christmas. Georgie, who helped all previous couples end up together, wants freedom of her own. But then this sexy brooding Scot shows up. And she likes him, but he is all my past! Alas, we cannot. But then they lived happily ever after.

Oh I enjoyed this! I liked that it was set in the same village, the same people were around, sure new people showed up so they could find love, but the it was like I knew the village and those in it. I also liked that it was one story for each season.

Conclusion:
A sweet anthology, that does not feel like an anthology as everything is connected and continues :)

Kindle Edition, 356 pages
Expected publication: November 10th 2015
Historical romance
For review

36 comments:

  1. oh I love anthologies that continue like that, it makes them so much better from the usual

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the first story would be a definite winner for me, I adore an enemies to lovers romance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like quite a few with enjoyable romance

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love when the stories are connected and heck yes enemies to lovers is a fun trope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just works so well, moving from couple to couple

      Delete
  5. I'm not really big on anthologies, but this one seems to have a few interesting stories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good anthology. It's so hard to write reviews for individual stories like this, but you did it well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I like the sound of this one. I also love that it connects. Might have to try it. Brilly review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No comment about the nearly complete heads on the cover?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shorties, I like the sound of the village thingy with all the familiar characters

    ReplyDelete
  10. It does sound yum. The Autumn one sounds like a Persuasion retelling which is fine with me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never read a romance anthology but I love the idea of interconnected stories written by different authors. I definitely need to check this out so thanks for putting it on my radar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh... this one sounds really good. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Neat how they did that. The ladies are over on mine today too :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the concept of this - everything connected and continuing... And it sounds like each individual tale was a success with you, which is recommendation enough :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd always planned on reading historical romance at some point, so I think this anthology is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun! :D I could go for a fun romance.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't read too many anthologies but this sounds different with the connected stories :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP