Tuesday 24 November 2015

Dukes are Forever - Anna Harrington

Battlefields and barrooms hold much more interest for Edward Westover, Duke of Swarthmore, than a little girl's fondness for dolls and lace. When he takes possession of his enemy's estate, everything that villain held dear-including his daughter-belongs to Edward. Hire a governess, arrange a dowry, give a few reassurances, and be off on his way-that's Edward's plan. But he's in for the shock of his life. For his new ward is a beautiful, impetuous, and utterly irresistible woman . . . 

Kate Benton is stunned. Who is this arrogant, infuriating man who's invited himself into her home and taken over her life? Her vow: to do everything in her power to convince him to leave her-and Brambly House-alone. Yet as chilly days melt into sultry nights, Kate sees glimpses of kindness underneath Edward's cool façade . . . and a passionate nature that takes her breath away. There's so much she doesn't know about this man. But does she dare trust this devilish duke with her heart?

My thoughts:
Oh Edward, so I understand why, but still, why? He is angry at a man, and the man deserves it. Edward buys all his debts, and the one good thing is that he is pushed into is taking that man's child as a ward. So yes that was good, so she would not be out in the streets. Still, revenge...

And he does try, taking a doll to the kid and everything.

Haha, there is no kid, just a 21 year old woman who loves her father. Why? I do NOT know. Her father was an ahole, who took everything of value, sold it, and left poor Kate alone and in debt. But it's hard to stop loving family even if they are aholes.

The rest is obvious;
Oh my ward is hot? Damn. Is she in her father's pay? Will she destroy me? She can't be trusted. All women are bad. But she is beautiful.

Where is my father? Why do I have a Duke as a guardian? Oh he is pretty. No, do not look at him. I will become a doctor. But he is so handsome. One kiss wont kill me.

They dance around each other. There is lots of smexy time (we all know I skim that, but for you who want lots then here it is.) There is drama, and there is a happily ever after.

Conclusion:
I'd read more by her. 

Cover
Nice, but so not her

Kindle Edition, 384
Expected publication: November 24th 2015 by Forever
The Secret Life of Scoundrels #1
Historical romance
NetGalley

27 comments:

  1. Hmmm doesn't sound like something I would like.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least she's legal and not jail bait

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. PERFECT review! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure I would really enjoy this, to be honest, but Igenerally stay away from historical romance. It just isn't my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *waves* Sorry for the late post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I said the same on the cover. I love the cover but it didn't really fit the book/her. Ah well. I enjoyed it too. Want to read more from her. Not bad for a debut book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still a pretty cover, but so not her.
      I agree, I look forward to more

      Delete
  7. I'm interested. New to me author and intriguing plot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha that's funny he thought she would be a little girl. Sounds like a fun one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the dance between the 2 sounds nice to follow

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like smexy times ^^ But also the dancing around :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahahah! Love this review. I might just read pick this up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. smexy time ... maybe. Giggled at your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll be looking for this one. Sounds good.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP