Tuesday 10 November 2015

Merry Christmas Mrs.Robinson - Delilah Marvelle

Lady Jane left her father, the Earl of Chadwick, and the ton behind to experience life on the stage. After a disastrous marriage, the widow is living on the edge of poverty, determined to guard her heart, when a secret admirer from her past demands a second chance.

Shy and retiring Martin Nicholas Pierce, the Sixth Duke of Somerset, has carried a torch for Lady Jane since her youth, but he is five years her junior. When she married another man, he left for Europe, determined to put her out of his mind. After returning to find Lady Jane free, he vows to replace the memories of her cursed Twelfth Night with a new beginning. 

My thoughts:
Awww, I liked this. Martin was in love with Jane for years. But she married someone else, and not to mention she is 5 years older. He was a kid to her when she married.

But little did she know that her mystery penpal was Martin, and she had married the wrong man- This is not the only thing that went wrong, she wanted to sing and was shunned when she left for the opera.

Now 8 years later, in December, they meet again. He still loves her. Her station has changed. He does not want to give up, and I was all, do not give up! You two should be together. He did not care about anything and the things he did for her, awww.

Conclusion:
A very nice romance set around the holidays. 

ebook, 80
Expected publication: November 9th 2015 by Entangled: Scandalous
Historical romance
NG

40 comments:

  1. I feel all awwwww just reading your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds so sweet and perfect! I want!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww...this sounds so cute...I want to read it now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I tend to forget sometimes

      Well, he sure lost his shirt fast

      Delete
  5. Okay, I need to pick this one up. Sounds adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good Christmas read. Now I want to know the good thing he did for her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwwe the feels. Kuddos to him for loving her even though she fell from society.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to read more about Malcolm. Sounds so romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So did she get a divorce? Widowed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Divorce for women at that time would have been nearly impossible.... so yes he died

      Delete
  10. Awe...don't give up is right...I am adding this for a December late night read :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet! I think I need this one after some of the heavy drama types I've been reading lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya, sometimes these can be so refreshing

      Delete
  12. aww it sounds so cute, i just wish it wasnt so short

    ReplyDelete
  13. It does sound sweet :) And, well, when it's meant to be, it's meant to be, right? Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a nice book for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this author. I just picked it up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So much hardship for a Christmas novel!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Her pose on the book cover has made me laugh! It looks soo uncomfortable :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP