Monday 9 November 2015

Falling for her enemy - Victoria James

She's falling for the one man who could destroy everything...

Alex McAllister always dreamed of a life filled with the laughter and love of a family, but being abandoned at a young age left her wary of letting anyone in. Now that she's settled in Still Harbor, Alex struggles between keeping her distance and the magnetic pull of the handsome stranger who claims he's the biological father of her adopted daughter.

Hayden Brooks never wanted to be a father. Long hours spent building his family's real estate empire suits him just fine. But when he discovers an ex put the baby he unknowingly fathered up for adoption, his world crumbles. He tracks the child to Still Harbor with the intention of bringing her home-and comes face to face with his daughter's stunning adoptive mother.

The paternity test is in. And Hayden's about to make the most shocking decision of his life, just in time for Christmas...

My thoughts:
This one was emotional, I spent a great deal of the book upset with Hayden. Arghhhh, so upset!!!

See, Hayden gets a visit from a woman telling him she was preggers and gave the baby up for adoption. He wants the kid, so he goes in, feeling entitled (he is rich after all) and being all I can give this kid a better future. Never mind she has a mother! that she loves and the only family she has ever known. To even think for a second of taking her away. Evil. Yes yes I get that she might be your daughter, but think of her for a second.

But hey, we all know this is a romance, and that Hayden will fall in love with Alex, the woman who adopted the girl. And that he will change his way of thinking, and that they will live happily ever after. But initially I was upset with him. Alex was just so darn nice, and sure he was too, he wanted the best for his maybe daughter. And the kid was so nice too. They were all meant to be together and they would be.

Conclusion:
So if you are looking for a more emotional filled novella then this one is for you. Love wins in the end.

Cover
cute

Kindle Edition, 130
Expected publication: November 9th 2015 by Entangled: Bliss
Still Harbor #2
Contemporary romance
NG

25 comments:

  1. meeh. LOL But I could go for a romance. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww that does sound emotional, but its a novella! grr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this sounds like a sweet romance. Hm... might make the holiday list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad it's only a novella. I'd love to read this in full-length. I'm convinced!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, when I read the title of this book on your post title in my feed, I thought it would be like a thriller romance. My brain is totally not reconciling with the cover or what this book is really about.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. That was funny, and yes I could see that mistake But that cover, haha never

      Delete
  6. Hey love to hear when love wins in the end

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa, yes, that would definitely make for an emotional read. I'm interested.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AH yes, I understand why you were mad at him

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah yes I understand why you were mad at him..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I'd be very upset with Hayden, too! I get the biological thing, but to uproot a child just because his DNA lives in her? I'm sure that created some truly wonderful tension between Hayden and Alex, though :)
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes exactly, I get it, but hello! That kid has an adoptive mum who she loves and who loves her

      Delete
  11. I don't think my mood can take a book that will make me upset... give me laughs, give me joy, but don't get me upset.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I like the sound of this! Sounds like I'd end up wanting to kick Hayden too though :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an interesting twist... he falls for the adopted mom and not the birth mom!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this sounds good but I wish it was full length

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would really have gotten the emotional part more across then

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP