Tuesday 3 November 2015

Never Kiss a Man in a Christmas jumper - Debbie Johnson

For single mum Maggie, Christmas has always been a family occasion – her daughter Ellen filling the house with her bubbly warmth and mistletoe, her dad Paddy having one too many festive tipples, and the traditional family Christmas tree looking like a drunken elf vomited a rainbow all over it.

But this year, with both Ellen and Paddy away for the holidays, Maggie’s facing a truly blue Christmas – alone with nothing but a bottle of Baileys and an M&S turkey dinner.

Until walking the snowy streets of Oxford, Marco Cavelli quite literally crashes into her life – and, complete with broken leg, becomes her unexpected houseguest. All dreamy brown eyes and 6’5” of gorgeousness, the man is hotter and more delicious than a freshly baked mince pie.

Though Maggie always thought it’s a truth universally acknowledged that you never kiss a man in a Christmas jumper? 

My thoughts:
A nice little holiday romance. 

Maddie got pregnant at 16, and her life was about her daughter and getting a career as a seamstress. But Ellen is 18 now and wants to celebrate xmas in Paris. And Maddie's dad is going away too, while Maddie does realise that she has no life, not really. Which is kind of sad, but understandable too. 

In comes Marco, the guy with the ugly sweaters. I would not have been as nice as she was, hot guy or not. They crashed with their bikes. Leg broken. His brother is going to Scotland. Some one needs to look after him. His family makes Maddie do it. See. Hot guy or not, I would not do it. But hey it's a romance!

They get to know each other, they fall in love. Maddie is the one pushing way. Marco does the chasing ( I do like when a man does the chasing.)

Conclusion:
And then they lives happily ever after. Sweet. 

Cover
cute

PS.
Do I enjoy reading holiday books now...not really. I read them cos they are out now, but yeah, I'd rather read them in December. So weird.

Kindle Edition, 186 pages
Expected publication: November 5th 2015 by Harper Impulse
Contemporary romance
NG

39 comments:

  1. Am glad it ended happily. Just what is important for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's too early for Christmas! haha yeah books give hot guys too much leeway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This title made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This title made me laugh! - Amanda @Gun in Act One

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Never Kiss a Man in a Christmas jumper" - I won't I promise. Xmass romances *yawn*

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could save them until December....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess they had to get to know one anther some way. Does sound cute. Yeah funny Christmas stories are out now, but I don't really care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish they could be read later, but the deadline is due

      Delete
  8. Cute title. I would never kiss a man in a Christmas jumper. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love reading holiday books between November and December. I never have time to read enough, though. This one sounds good and a cute cover, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's weird to read holiday books in October and even November. I'm with you on that.

    Hilarious title and it sounds cute. Her life needed a guy with an ugly sweater in it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. He's like a dog with a bone(r)

    ReplyDelete
  12. "I would not do it"

    LOL. What, you wouldn't want to play nurse? This sounds really cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A stranger in my house...no, that would be creepy

      Delete
  13. I don't mind, I can read Christmas stories all year long. But having to take care of a stranger, nope. Hire a nurse people! Especially for the bathroom duty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He had a nurse! But he still lived at with the heroine, I get it I get it but still

      Delete
  14. I love this - title, cover, and all :D But, yes, holiday romances definitely taste better in December. Preferably, after all the decorating is done! Great review- I'm intrigued about the guy in ugly sweats, lol :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much better, but alas.

      Aww decorating, I look forward to that

      Delete
  15. sounds like a cute romance despite her being forced to watch him

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kinda weird. I'm sure there are extenuating circumstances as to why she agreed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They bullied her into saying yes cos they hoped they would end up together?

      Delete
  17. I love the title! I read em all year round. Lurves those Christmas ones :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. HA ugly Christmas sweaters, but the cover is cute. I'm with you, December is better ...

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP