Saturday 22 October 2016

DNF time


Ugh. I tried! I then skimmed to page 200 and was so boooored. No one had a personality. People I had started to know where gone since 44 years had gone by. And nothing happened in those 200 pages.

I had to dnf, it was just too simple. The language not at all historical, they felt modern and the main character was not nice, the hero an ass. Just no. It felt ..self published ( I am so sorry selfpubbed books!) But, I guess like no one gave it a second look over.

This was so dull. One of the early chapters was about a woman getting up, bathing, getting her hair done, getting dressed, and I was all come on!

They were all dull

DNF

Meh meh meh

24 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. WHo cares, at least I do not have to suffer and read them

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed Black Wolves but agreed that the first section was a slog. I was surprised too when we jumped 44 years into the future and just when I was starting to get to know the characters.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me there was just no connection, with the book, or hell even between events

      Delete
  3. Sorry they didn't work for you. I've considered abandoning my current audio but it's picked up some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, yes, I can see your point. I definitely will stop if I detest a character.

    Four more off the pile at least. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so sad when books just don't do it, especially when you try :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post... THE DEWEY DECIMAL SYSTEM? Why did you even pick up that one?! haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yuck, DNF is what they deserve, good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't like it when a historical reads too modern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Meh, indeed. I hadn't heard any of this. Sad on the meh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, I was looking forward to Elliott's title so perhaps I'll have to change my expectations before diving into it. I hope your next reads prove better than these!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I appreciate that you do DNF posts! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP