Tuesday 18 October 2016

Mr.Darcy's present - Regina Jeffers

The Greatest Present He Would Ever Receive is the Gift of Her Love… 

What if Mr. Darcy purchased a gift for Elizabeth Bennet to acknowledge the festive days even though he knows he will never present it to her? What if the gift is posted to the lady by his servants and without his knowledge? What if the enclosed card was meant for another and is more suggestive than a gentleman should share with an unmarried lady? Join Darcy and Elizabeth, for a holiday romp, loaded with delightful twists and turns no one expects, but one in which our favorite couple take a very different path in thwarting George Wickham and Lydia Bennet’s elopement. Can a simple book of poetry be Darcy’s means to win Elizabeth’s love? When we care more for another than ourselves, the seeds of love have an opportunity to blossom. 

My thoughts:
I needed something short, and fun! So what to choose, well duh, a variation of course.

In this one, well he has already proposed at Netherfield, Bingley has left and the Bennets are moving on. Lizzy still thinks Darcy is an ass, and Wickham is cool.

I liked the road this one took, especially with Lydia. I did like the Gardiners, but Mrs G was a bit too much at one point. She made a comeback, but for a moment I lost faith in her. As for the Bingleys, it was only Charles around and at one point he showed this sterner side, and I liked that. Not laughs all the time there.

Wickham was of course evil as always. Darcy longed for Lizzy and that's where the whole present comes in. He wants to give her something, but he can't give a single woman a present. The scandal!

Conclusion:
It was fun. I do like them for a reason.

Cover
A big nope, cos it's not true to its era


Kindle Edition, 204 pages
Published September 11th 2016 by Regency Solutions
Pride and Prejudice variation
Own

33 comments:

  1. That cover is just weird...but it sounds like a fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not digging the cover, but glad you had a good time with the book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why pride and prejudice is coming on my mind?!?!? 😂
    Haniya
    booknauthors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am bad with sarcasm so I can not say if you are sarcastic or not

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a fun plot, oh horror the parcel has been sent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you liked it but probably not the right book for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can't go wrong with a P&P variation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah. What is up with that cover?! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You found another P&P/Mr. Darcy book!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  9. It does sound fun. I'll definitely be snagging it for one of my holiday reads.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh yes it's always a lot of fun. I didn't know about this one

    ReplyDelete
  11. Still haven't read a variation (except for Eligible) but this sounds like it was the right book at the right time. Yay :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I plan to read this one for the holidays, so I'm glad you enjoyed it. I noticed the issue with the cover, but I admit that I still like it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So fun! It's been too long. I need to read a variation.

    ReplyDelete
  14. No work for me until next Wednesday. Woo-hoo!!!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP