Saturday 8 October 2016

Vicious - V.E.Schwab

A masterful tale of ambition, jealousy, desire, and superpowers. Victor and Eli started out as college roommates?brilliant, arrogant, lonely boys who recognized the same sharpness and ambition in each other. In their senior year, a shared research interest in adrenaline, near-death experiences, and seemingly supernatural events reveals an intriguing possibility: that under the right conditions, someone could develop extraordinary abilities. But when their thesis moves from the academic to the experimental, things go horribly wrong. Ten years later, Victor breaks out of prison, determined to catch up to his old friend (now foe), aided by a young girl whose reserved nature obscures a stunning ability. Meanwhile, Eli is on a mission to eradicate every other super-powered person that he can find?aside from his sidekick, an enigmatic woman with an unbreakable will. Armed with terrible power on both sides, driven by the memory of betrayal and loss, the archnemeses have set a course for revenge?but who will be left alive at the end? 

My thoughts:
I have been avoiding writing this review cos I have nothing to say.

The characters had no personality, I could not have cared less if they all had died.
I stuck to it but started to skim after half the book cos omg sooooo dull.

10 years ago...last night....one week ago..blah blah, omg enough with the time jumps, I do not give a f about them. Or Victor or Eli.

I was very very disappointed since I like her other books. But this one, blergh. Dull.


  • Paperback, 340 pages
  • Published January 10th 2014 by Titan Books (first published September 24th 2013)
  • Vicious #1
  • Superhero paranormal whatevs
  • Own

35 comments:

  1. Yeah, it happens. Sorry you didn't enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yikes, sorry this did not work for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no... I have this but haven't read it yet. I loved her other books but now I'm scared to read this one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! I think you're the first person I've seen who gave this one a bad review. That makes me feel a bit better that I still haven't read it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting, of her adult books written under her name V.E. Schwab I probably enjoyed this one the most, more than her ADSoM books. I do find that her titles are always so overhyped though.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have liked her other books, her YA book was the best, but this ha, nope

      Delete
  6. Aw that's too bad! I rather liked it. But I was not a fan of the time jumps either! There's going to be a sequel now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LMFAO! I'm going to end my book with the whole town dying from something like a nuclear explosion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo that is too bad, the premise is interesting but I think I shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear this one was so bad. I hope the next one you read is better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I loved it on audio! :) Sorry it didn't work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Huh... not so gripping, then? At first I started thinking about the movie from the 90's when they all killed themselves to experience if there was an afterlife - FLATLINERS remember that one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that one...too bad they did not get superpowers

      Delete
  12. How interesting! I loved this book but can't get into her others lol

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  13. I seriously thought about buying this because I love her Shades of Magic books. I also want to try This Savage Song. Sorry this didn't work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Boo! I loved her other books so I was hopeful for this one. Sorry it was so dull for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I've only heard good things from this author. I guess her other books are the ones I should focus on. I can see the constant time jumps or flashbacks I guess being a pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me it was so meh, and I do like her other books, they are so cool. But some books work, some do not

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP