Monday 26 December 2016

Four weddings and a sixpence Anthology

“Something Old”
Julia Quinn’s prolog introduces her heroine Beatrice Heywood and the premise for Four Weddings and a Sixpence.

My thoughts:
Just an introduction to the women and the coin.

“Something New”
In Stefanie Sloane’s unforgettable story, an ever-vigilant guardian decrees that Anne Brabourne must marry by her twenty-first birthday. But love finds her in the most unexpected of ways.

Thoughts:
Anne needs to marry. She meets a Duke. They form a friendship while she hunts for a man.
Nice little story

“Something Borrowed”
Elizabeth Boyle tells the tale of Cordelia Padley, who has invented a betrothed to keep her family from pestering her to wed. Now she’ll need to borrow one to convince them she’s found her true love.

Thoughts:
I liked Cordelia. What an idiotic idea of hers, but it paid off. I liked that how much he really did love her.

“Something Blue”
In Laura Lee Guhrke’s story, unlucky Lady Elinor Daventry has her sixpence stolen from her and must convince the rake who pilfered the coin to return it in time for her own wedding.

Thoughts:
I was not sure about this hero, and even at the end. Hmm, I just do not know. But then her father was evil. Dilemma! Still a good story.

“... and a Sixpence in Her Shoe”
Julia Quinn finishes with the story of Beatrice Heywood, who never believed that the sixpence was anything but a tarnished old coin—until it led all of her friends to true love. But her faith in the coin is tested when it keeps sending her to the wrong man! 

Thoughts:
I do believe this to be my favorite. Bea lived a quiet life. Her hero wanted a quiet life after all the looks his eye gave him. People can be so cruel! A lovely story how they fell in love.

Conclusion:
This was an anthology that worked and all stories were strong. Cute, romantic and short.

ebook, 1st edition, 384 pages
Expected publication: December 27th 2016 by Avon
Historical romance
Edelweiss

13 comments:

  1. Anthologies can really be good. I've found new authors to read while reading anthologies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its never a bad thing to have cute and romantic reads!! Gotta have this anthology!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Julia Quinn so I had to request and got it! I seldom get anything from edelweiss

      Delete
  3. I like Quinn and Guhrke so I would read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this on my list. Julia Quinn is a favorite of mine, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't read 2 of them but the other 2 I might be interested in trying out :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love me a good anthology. Sometimes there are more "meh" stories, but I still manage to enjoy the overall book.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP