Tuesday 27 December 2016

Lady Claire is all that - Maya Rodale

Claire Cavendish is in search of a duke, but not for the usual reasons. The man she seeks is a mathematician; the man she unwittingly finds is Lord Fox: dynamic, athletic, and as bored by the equations Claire adores as she is by the social whirl upon which he thrives. As attractive as Fox is, he’s of no use to Claire . . . or is he?

Fox’s male pride has been bruised ever since his fiancée jilted him. One way to recover: win a bet that he can transform Lady Claire, Society’s roughest diamond, into its most prized jewel. But Claire has other ideas—shockingly steamy ones. . .

By Claire’s calculations, Fox is the perfect man to satisfy her sensual curiosity. In Fox’s estimation, Claire is the perfect woman to prove his mastery of the ton. But the one thing neither of them counted on is love . . . 

My thoughts:
This was a fun one. Claire and Fox SO did not fit together. She was smart and talked about maths until people wanted to stick needles in their eyes. While Fox was the golden one of society, handsome, perfect, he had everything (until he was dumped for an actor.) Also he has no idea what Claire drones on about and she thinks he is an idiot.

Of course, there lies a drama in it all. He makes a stupid bet that he can make her into a ton darling. Really stupid man, but then the man pushing him is even more of an idiot.

Claire was so fun, she did not give a damn about the things you should discuss. She just wanted to find someone to discuss math with.

And Fox, even if he did not understand a thing she said, he did start to understand her and I liked how he fell for her. He fell for her, while she might more have fallen for those kisses at first ;)

As I read it I had to check if her sisters stories were coming, seems they already had been told. And I do think those might be fun too.

Conclusion;
All in all, fun, cute light read.

Cover
Nice

ebook, 384 pages
Expected publication: December 27th 2016 by Avon
Keeping Up with the Cavendishes #3
Historical romance
Own

30 comments:

  1. You probably have this whole week off?! :jealous:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the first book in the series, Lady Bridget's Diary. Hope to catch up with the other books. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are the kind of historical romances & heroines I love!

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read anything by this author before but I always look for fun, light reads during this time of the year so I'm absolutely going to check this out. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my first try too, and it was a good one

      Delete
  5. I think I love Claire already. I am so tempted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a pretty cover. I need to try her out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The title is cute. Hope you had a nice Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought this was a fun read too! I liked that it was inspired by She's All That, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been a while since I've read a HR, though the Outlander series could be considered in the genre. That's why I can't get anything done, because I've been binge reading. Only 2 more books to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ehh, I do not want to put it there. My HR is pure escapism, happy things. Outlander is dark. Let us call it romantic fic

      Delete
  10. I don't really read this genre, but your reviews of the books are always so entertaining!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely loved Bridget's book and just finished reading Amelia's which was delightful. Very much looking forward to reading Claire's book. Maya Rodale's female characters are always so much fun because they're smart and feisty in their own ways. And the heroes are almost always ridiculously swoon-worthy when they get hit by cupid's arrow! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you read them both :D Have fun with this one then too!

      If they are liked Claire, then I am sure I will like the sisters too

      Delete
  12. I love Math nerds. :) Claire seems like my kind of girl.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP