Wednesday 4 January 2017

Goblin Hero - Jim C Hines

After barely surviving an adventure he never wanted, the scrawny little nearsighted goblin called Jig is now known as Jig Dragonslayer, and has the power of healing, thanks to the forgotten god he worships. But being a hero isn't all it's cracked up to be. Not when the goblin leader wants him dead, and everyone else actually expects him to keep doing heroic-and incredibly dangerous-things. 

My thoughts:
I like Hines. He writes fun light fantasy. And this one is about goblins!

And Goblins are not the best of...well, to be honest, all races here suck. They all think they are better than others, they fight each other and so on. Goblins are like the rest then.

Jig, our reluctant hero is again called to go on an adventure. His leader wants him dead so he is sent to help the ogres find who is killing them.

Two sidekicks are an elderly goblin who wants out of daycare duty, and one big stupid goblin. Not to mention the goblin who thinks she is the real hero.

Conclusion:
Adventure, fighting, fun times :)

Cover
Good

Paperback, 343 pages
Published May 1st 2007 by DAW
Jig the Goblin, #2
Fantasy
own

25 comments:

  1. Sounds light-hearted...and at a quick glace at the cover I thought they were insects! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it does sound like a lot of fun, and goblins - now that is inventive. I'd read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds awesome. Love that cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's written more of these types of books than I thought. One of these days I'll have to pick them up, I definitely like the idea of light fantasy. And goblins!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh those goblins ;) I got one more in this series

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed the first book in this series, and have this one on my shelves. Somehow, I never pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds fun! I still have another of his books to finish first.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  7. It would be a better world with more goblin heroes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo-hoo! It's the weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP