Wednesday 11 January 2017

True North - Liora Blake

While most novelists would consider jetting off to Hollywood for a TV interview rather exciting,
small-town Montana writer Kate Mosely finds it all a bit exhausting. After losing her husband in a car accident where she was behind the wheel, Kate has finally found her bearings in the world again, rebuilding a simple but stable life. And even if that means a lot of lonely nights watching old movies and quiet days writing obituaries for her hometown newspaper, Kate’s not sure she’s ready for her life to change—again.

Until she shares the stage—and a whole heap of carnal gazes—with rock star Trevor “Trax” Jenkins. Despite his intimidating on-stage bravado, underneath it Kate discovers a man with a Rilke poem tattooed on his arm, an appreciation for cronuts, and a snarky wit that matches her own.

As she and Trevor explore their heated chemistry, the scarred parts of Kate’s heart begin to heal, making room for a love so passionate it makes her want long-forgotten things equal parts naughty, heart-swelling, and joyful. But when a searing exposé in a trashy gossip magazine sends Kate running, will it threaten their chances at forever? 

My thoughts:
I liked the premise of this one. Small town author meets rockstar. What is there not to like?

Sooo late with this review, sigh. Let us make it short.

Kate is an author. She is a widow. From a small town. Intellectual.
Trevor is a rockstar. Bad boy image. Bad boy lyrics.
But she needs to be shaken up, and he can do that. So they fit really well together. And it does click at once and you feel it.

Too much smexy times though, yup ;) I was all, get to the drama (which does come), get to the romance. But aye, you know me. So for you all who like that, passionate for sure.

It was a good romance, I liked these two together. Mostly cos he sure did the chasing

Cover
Headless

Kindle Edition, 288 pages
Published April 6th 2015 by Pocket Star
True #1
Contemporary romance
Free on XoXo after dark




24 comments:

  1. Headless covers are weird. I am with you on the too much sexy time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a good romance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I think I may have enjoyed your review more than I will the book. I usually don't go for these b/c of the drama, but the fact you liked it made me curious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love when the guy has to chase ;) Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A nice change from the historical romances :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds great except for the smexy which I don't really want!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like when the guy chases. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bleh - I hate when there is too much sexy time

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Cover-headless." I laughed out loud when I saw that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah I have read that set up before. It is fun :D

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP