Tuesday 3 January 2017

My Scandalous Duke - Theresa Romain

Lady Eleanor Palmer, a practical young widow, wants a family of her own. Her first marriage was an adventurous disaster, so this time, nothing but the most proper sort of man will do. Absolutely not who she’s looking for? The impulsive, roguish Duke of Hampshire…even though she has secretly loved him as long as she can remember.

Nicholas Langford, the Duke of Hampshire, has always relied on Eleanor’s humor and good sense. Who else would guide him through a scandal with laughter and grace? He would do anything to ensure his old friend’s happiness—even help Eleanor find a suitable new husband.

As Eleanor makes plans for a new life without him at its center, Nicholas realizes the depth of his own feelings. But he can offer Eleanor nothing she thinks she wants. How can he convince her he is everything she truly desires? 

My thoughts:
This was a nice, short novella.

We have a widow who wants to marry again, just not some proper boring guy.
Then we have a Duke, who should marry, but those debutantes are pretty boring.

These two are friends and hit the marriage mart together.

Sparks start to fly and they live happily ever after.

I enjoyed it.

ebook, 101 pages
Published November 15th 2016
Historical romance
Own

29 comments:

  1. This sounds lovely. Perfect for a inbetweener.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good novella and this sounds so cute with the friendship to romance trope coming in as well. Wonderful review--I must check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like novellas, I wish I could see quickly among all my books which ones are novellas

      Delete
  3. Sounds pretty crappy like all pseudo-his-roms. Have a lovely week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good one. Happy New Year to you! Hopefully this will be a great reading year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I bet you are still off of work... :jealous:

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to try one of her books. Maybe this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, covers for these books are often kind of hokey, but I actually really like the one here. So sweet :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds great. I just love these troublesome Dukes you keep finding!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sold. Sounds like a very good novella.

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's always nice to find a good short story

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read my first book by Theresa Romain a couple weeks ago and enjoyed it. I may have to pick this one up now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh glad you enjoyed this novella. I really want to pick this one up now.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP