Thursday 26 January 2017

Succubus on Top - Richelle Mead

Love hurts, and no one knows it better than Georgina Kincaid. If she so much as kisses Seth
Mortensen, the shy, sexy writer she's been dating, she'll drain his life force. Admittedly, the shapeshifting and immortality perks of a succubus are terrific, but it's completely unfair that a she-demon whose purpose is seduction can't get down with the one mortal who accepts her for who she is. . .

It's not just her personal life that's in chaos. Doug, Georgina's co-worker at a local bookstore, has been exhibiting bizarre behavior, and Georgina suspects something far more demonic than double espressos. She could use an assist from Bastien, an irresistibly charming incubus and her best immortal friend, but he's giving Georgina some highly distracting come-hither vibes. Georgina is going to have to work solo on this one-and fast, because soon, Doug's life won't be the only one on the line. . .

My thoughts:
I am confused, did the way she works change? I felt the whole demon thing fell apart.

The book was also totally boring, nothing happened! I mean omg, so boring! She did absolutely nothing. Sucked off some guy in a bar, talked to coworkers, spent time with her boyfriend.

And do not even get me started on her relationship with Seth. He must be a saint. I get that this is her work, but uh no you didn't.

I was very disappointed by this instalment. Dull, lifeless, I did not even like her. I will not read more. Calling it quits now. Total second book syndrome. Sometimes I still read book 3 after one of these, but now, nah.


Mass Market Paperback, 333 pages
Published August 1st 2011 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2008)
Georgina Kincaid #2
Paranormal romance
Own

38 comments:

  1. My co blogger loves this series! I've read the first book and I liked it. Sorry this was so disappointing though for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about starting this series since I liked Mead's VA books, but I don't think I'd get on board with this and if it's boring I'm definitely out. Thanks for such a helpful and honest review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked her thorn queen series, but her VA, no no no

      Delete
  3. Ah dang, sorry to hear this one didn't work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience but what do you want, Richelle Mead is no genius...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *snort*
      But you are correct, her VA series was so bad

      Delete
  5. Nothing is worse than being confused. >_<

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked this series in the end! I can't remember this book at all so I can't say more but if you keep reading I hope you find them better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no. I know with this author sometimes you have to be patient. I still haven't picked up this series,. I want to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read Vampire Academy books but haven't tried anything ele from her. VA din't exactly encourage me to try...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never read her stuff. I always see mixed or mediocre reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Sucked off some guy in a bar"

    Hahahaha! I actually remember that part, but don't remember the specifics tat book. I listened to all of them close together, so it's all a blur. But I loved it and how it all pull together in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just could not get over some things, she was flaky

      Delete
  11. Hope your next read is better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmm, this series is on the list to read at some point, but I don't think it will be any time soon. So many other good ones keeping me busy right now. I don't blame you for pulling the plug when it just wasn't doing anything for you- too many books out there to slog along with ones you don't like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, then there are those I have meant to read, and actually liked but never bought more of, will focus on those instead

      Delete
  13. I still need to try some of her adult books. I know her YA is definitely not for me.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  14. yeah the story of the series didn't take the path I wanted. it's nice but I was quite disappointed

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yeah - I can't read relationships like that.

    I guess better to know early int he series before you've invested too much time.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, so sad. I love this series on audio and devoured them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's too bad this one disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh no. And this is the...second (had to look again). Bummer that it dropped so fast in the series.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP