Monday 30 January 2017

Wicked Cowboy Charm - Carolyn Brown

Josie Dawson is new in town, but it doesn't take a local to know that Deke Sullivan is trouble--in a smokin' hot package. He's sweet, sexy, and has charmed just about every woman in Dry Creek, Texas. Well, Josie won't be next. She'll keep her distance, even if he is great with babies and makes a mean cup of homemade hot chocolate.
Deke Sullivan really is a one-woman type of guy. He just had to do a lot of looking to find that one woman. Now he thinks he's found her and he won't let a strong, sassy gal like Josie slip away. Just when he's wondering how to convince her he only has eyes for her, they get stranded in a tiny cabin during a major blizzard. If Deke can melt her heart before they dig out of the snow, he'll be the luckiest cowboy in Texas . . . 


My thoughts:
I have said it before, and I will say it again. I like Brown's books because they are sweet. There is always good banter going on and it makes me want to visit where they are and have some pie or something.

In this one, Deke meets Josie. She is staying with her brother, she has plans, and they do not include a wild cowboy who flirts around. But destiny does have a way of making own plans. Like having them stranded in a snowstorm, just the two of them, well and a dog and an old man. For days. I did like how they got to know each other. They still fought that attraction, but ha, you can try it, but you will fail.

You could see they would fit well together, they just had to get there in their heads first. But it made for an interesting journey, even if the first half was being crammed together in a bunkhouse.

Conclusion:
As always then, a sweet romance with a good couple, and a great side characters.

Cover
Nice


Kindle Edition
Expected publication: January 31st 2017 by Forever
Lucky Penny Ranch #4
Contemporary romance
NG

27 comments:

  1. I'm trying to get past the bunkhouse >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That or a tiny cabin with one room with teh old guy

      Delete
  2. I need to try this author!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being stuck together sure can lead to fun things. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Second Brown book today I've seen reviewed but it was a different title. I do think she will be the one I start with when I go cowboy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG. I really, really need to read her stuff. I say this with every review you post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do really enjoy these books. So glad this one continues with the feel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I was into contemporary romance, cowboy books would be my guilty pleasure :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm this sounds like a book I'd enjoy and I have wanted to try her out as an author too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love her books, too. Sad to see this particular series end, but neat that the cousins in the other town will get their stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always sad to see one of her series end

      Delete
  10. I agree, this was a sweet romance. Carolyn Brown always makes me smile and laugh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yee-haw! Gotta love a wicked cowboy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good side characters make or break a romance series, in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP