Thursday 19 January 2017

The original Miss Honeyford - MC Beaton

Miss Honeyford was sour on romance, but she had been duly dispatched to London to save the family fortune by hunting for (and securing) a wealthy husband - and thereby proving her role as a loving if not entirely dutiful daughter. Honoraria obeyed. But if she was reluctantly willing to surrender her hand, this beautiful young lady who could ride, shoot, and argue with any man was not about to lose her head or her heart to any of the dismal cads 'n lads of the Marriage Mart. First she met the arrogantly attractive Lord Alistair Stewart, who treated her infuriatingly like a little girl. And then she met the skillfully seductive Lord Channington, who treated her intoxicatingly like the desirable full-grown woman that she was. But now that she had a choice, which role would she choose and just how much risk was she willing to run?

My thoughts:
I should have realised this was an oldie, but I saw it later on when looking for the cover. So old school in the sweet sense. They hate each other, and then they fall in love.

Honoria likes to speak her mind, she smokes, she drinks, she hunts, she rather spends time with men than with women.

But, uh oh. They men see her as a boy. Like she cares, but off to the city she is sent.

She does change, she becomes very, hmmm....wait looking for the right thing to say. But she becomes so naive. Srsly if everyone says that guy is a seducer then maybe you should believe them you stupid chit. GOD, this was so 80s in that aspect.

And then there is the guy she argues with the entire book, and then realises that they love each other. But there is drama and she is an idiot and I was all, wait, when did these two fall in love?

Conclusion:
Ha, but yes it was super sweet and I enjoyed cos damn these can be read fast. 

Kindle Edition, 224 pages
Published January 15th 2014 by RosettaBooks (first published 1985)
Historical romance
Own

30 comments:

  1. Cover = very boring and very pink. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, sometimes you just need a sweet, predictable story like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies. Idiots. Rakes. Not for me but, fortunately, it's already Thursday! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I would like this with all the drama and all that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would not exactly call it drama, I mean it felt so silly cos it was so old school---nice

      Delete
  5. Sounds like fun although not sure I would go back now to read '80's books. I occasionally might though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sweet 80s, not the rapey 80s. The sweet where they do not even kiss

      Delete
  6. I do enjoy those hate each other then love each other type books hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would not have pegged this as old school just looking at it, but I guess it just proves some stories are timeless, especially the nice sweet ones.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It had another cover that showed its true origin ;) I loved these as a kid, I read them when I was 10, sweet romance

      Delete
  8. I love the hate-to-love trope.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been tempted to try this author but haven't really enjoyed other old school HR I've read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read millions as a tween ;) Barbara Cartland ya know

      Delete
  10. Probably too much drama for me, but LOL! I loved your review. Chit. *snort*

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds a bit *too* old school for me, with the whole 80s drama thing...but I do enjoy a good hate to love romance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh but it's the exact same drama as they have now in romance

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP