Wednesday 22 March 2017

An unwavering trust - LL Diamond

Two strangers with no one to turn to but each other… Fitzwilliam Darcy is in a difficult situation. His father is pressing him to propose marriage to the last woman in the world he would wish to take as his wife. With a fortnight to announce his betrothal, he makes the acquaintance of Elizabeth Bennet, who is in a predicament of her own. Could Darcy be willing to consider Elizabeth as a solution to his problem and to hers? And can Elizabeth ascertain enough of Darcy’s character to trust him upon nothing but a first impression? 

My thoughts:
This was different. It started at an earlier date and well some of the people that used to be nice were asshats. And of course there are some changes in Lizzy's family too, you will see.

Darcy's dad wants him to marry Anne and gives him two weeks. Then he meets Lizzy. And yes yes we all know they will marry cos he does not want to marry Anne. And well just say Lizzy needs to marry too.

So this book was about them getting to know each other. It had some ups and downs. Darcy is still Darcy. But they never had that drama in the beginning so they started off on a different footing. They liked each other and they fell in love.

But there are other kinds of drama. There is always Wickham, that SOB.

Conclusion:
I enjoyed it. 

Cover
meh

Paperback, First Edition, 452 pages
Published May 20th 2015 by Independent Publisher
Pride and Prejudice variation
Own

29 comments:

  1. Ooh, this one looks good. I've been missing my P&P books, I really need to get back into those and I might have to start with this one.

    Simply Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. How the heck do you find so many P&P retellings?? lol

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would read it - I like the idea of the earlier beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P&P is not my thing but I know a lot of people like all the different spin offs it has created.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like it had some good drama to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds interesting but I am not sure if it is my kind of book. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still can't believe how many P&P books you read :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard good stuff about her writing and the plot sounds good. I'll have to try it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds fun and a good take on the original.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds interesting. I want to experience their getting to know each other process. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehe...yes he is an SOB. This sounds like a fun version.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP